Rolling Thunder Forums

Official: Turns Are In Thread

EternusIV

I just wanted to let you know where things stand: the turns have been finished for several hours, but in their infinite wisdom our internet provider decided to change mail servers while I was out of town this week - and the new one doesn't want to accept mails sent by our automation program. I can attach each of your turns to individual messages by hand (and I might have to do just that to get them out), but that will take quite a while. I'm still trying to come up with a solution, but if nothing else works I'll start attaching and sending them individually. An ugly process to be sure, but that's why I spent biopoints for 8 tentacles :beer:

Is the problem that the server complains if you send them all at once (in other words does it think you are spamming)? Could you put in a delay of 1 minute between emails (inside your automation program)?

Just brainstorming; I suspect you have already considered this...

Good luck,

John

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just wanted to let you know where things stand: the turns have been finished for several hours, but in their infinite wisdom our internet provider decided to change mail servers while I was out of town this week - and the new one doesn't want to accept mails sent by our automation program. I can attach each of your turns to individual messages by hand (and I might have to do just that to get them out), but that will take quite a while. I'm still trying to come up with a solution, but if nothing else works I'll start attaching and sending them individually. An ugly process to be sure, but that's why I spent biopoints for 8 tentacles :beer:

I remember going through something similar with Hotmail. They had some type of process on the mail server checking for key items in mails an attempt to catch and weed out spammers. It was playing hell with a report server we had .. something that mailed out reports daily to people with information they thought important. And the mail server kept flagging the account as a possible spammer, stopping our mail, and requiring we got through some web site to verify we were human. Every Saturday between 2 and 3 AM it stopped our mail and flagged us a Spammers, and every Monday we spent several hours confirming out humanity and getting the missed reports out. This went on for several months. And all HotMail could do despite our complaining way up the ladder was state this is how they were protecting their other customers and there was nothing they could do. We had to switch to a new service provider to get back to normal. They had similar anti-spam processes but they could at least put us on a list (after we did some pre-work to help confirm we would not be spamming) to say we were not spammers and prevent mail outages.

The first batch of turn results is out - sending the second (final) batch over the next hour or two - spreading them out to avoid anti spam flags.

Damn, I must be stuck in batch 2 no sign of my stuff yet.

Steve

Likewise, I'm missing all mine, but then that's what I'd expect if Pete is doing this manually. I'd be more concerned if i's got some but not all.

Must be a pain to do. Because I know how big some of these files are, having to wait for one to complete before sending the next. Pete we salute you and hope you resolve this before next cycle.

:beer: Well done, Pete!! Mine came thru just fine, thanks for the extra effort.

I don't know how the more experienced players will react but I, for one, like both attachments sent together; keeps them from getting lost in the 'canadian pharmacy spam' I'm getting. :beer:

The first batch of turn results is out - sending the second (final) batch over the next hour or two - spreading them out to avoid anti spam flags.

Hi Pete, could you post when they have all gone out please. That way we'll know when to start worrying if we haven't got them.

Regards

Damian

Hi Pete, could you post when they have all gone out please. That way we'll know when to start worrying if we haven't got them.

Regards

Damian

I second this motion, since mine are yet to arrive as well.

Octus

Regards

Damian

I second this motion, since mine are yet to arrive as well.

Octus

Well, if you LOOKED at your emails and didn't ASSUME something incorrectly, you would have SEEN that the results had arrived at O'Dark 30 this morning. Hope that is my only mistake for this turn cycle....

Thanks Pete!

Octus

Must be just me who hasn't got them yet?

Everything gone hours ago - if you have a lot of empires or normally receive very large files, make sure you can accept large file downloads from your mail server, as it would be an email with a lot of attachments.