Rolling Thunder Forums

Game 74 on the board

heavyB

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:huh::huh::huh:

Interesting that you make the statment you did "KK". You must have had a preminition of sorts :laugh: . Funny, I did not sence the force in you but it is things to come that you see. My turn runs tomarrow. And yes, Saudi blood will flow. Did you happen to see how much it will be by chance. Yours respectfully :D

Lord Patton :cheers:

:D  :huh:  :huh:

Interesting that you make the statment you did "KK".  You must have had a preminition of sorts :laugh: . Funny, I did not sence the force in you but it is things to come that you see.

I think your getting your games mixed up. Are you not in several Victory! games?

My turn runs tomarrow. 

Then explain to me the following header:

Libya has attacked Saudi Arabia at Amman with a tactical air strike on Tuesday, November 8, 2005

And yes, Saudi blood will flow.

Did you happen to see how much it will be by chance.

Yes. Way more than I'm willing to let slide...

My master sends his deepest apollogies, he dubble checked and it is as you say. Being an alter ego I can not control the mental state of my master, but I can assure you that his mistake is not the result of playing several games :laugh: .

He is dealing with a most problematic situation conserning his youngest son and the mother is, shall we say, the cause of the problem :huh:.

My master has just asked this games most high entity as to the time he will recieve the results of this most provoking situation he has bestowed upon you :huh:, but maybe you could enlighten us with numbers :D. Respectfully

Lord Patton :huh:

but maybe you could enlighten us with numbers :D.

Yeah. Sure.

Anything for my ol' buddy.

:huh:

A number of Libyan airplanes were shot down - and also - a number of Saudi ground units got dammaged.

Hmmm...

Come to think of it. I'm going to let you "in" on a lot more information, conerning you current in game position.

Give me a little while, to assemble all the relavant material...

:laugh:

Hmmm...

Come to think of it. I'm going to let you "in" on a lot more information, conerning you current in game position.

Give me a little while, to assemble all the relavant material...

1 small point of information: he has overrun the UAE so he should have more then enough resources to back his words... :laugh:

Okay.

I've condensed some past communications between our alliance members, and arranged the relevant information, in an easy to follow discussion.

The actual names of the people involved, and some other information, has been edited out - for reasons of national security.

Following; is an excerpt, from the minutes of a (not too) recent "STuPiDDD" summit meeting...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sultan of Turkey: Hey! Guess what I just saw on the forums today (?). 'lil' PATTON' is now playing Libya!?

King of Saudi: What?! Tell me you're making a joke, eh?

Sultan of Turkey: No no. He's going on about something, that we declared war on him, and he's going to do "something" to us in return. Go and see for yourself.

Shah of Persia: That would be a bizarre twist of events, would it now?

King of Saudi: Okay. I'll go see for myself... Geeezus - your right!

Sultan of Turkey: < smirk > I told you.

King of Saudi: I can't believe this. Who's playing Trans-Jordan now? What's the story with that?

Shah of Persia: Now then. This is a bizzare twist of events, is it not?

King of Saudi: Don't make me think how bizzare this is. I'm trying to think of the implications this will have on our grand strategic plan.

Sultan of Turkey: Which plan is that?

King of Saudi: What are you talking about? Our plans for world domination, of course. (Dummy.)

Shah of Persia: This is a bizzare twist of events. Weren't you cooperating with him, in regards to sharing intelligence about Egypt?

King of Saudi: Stop it - with your obssesive use of that word!

Sultan of Turkey: Well, is it not correct?

King of Saudi: That's (was) Trans-Jordan. He's telling me where the Egyptian navy is, and recent ground troop movements. I'm telling him about my war with the UAE, and what's happening in the war with Iraq... Wait a minute? Egypt is TA'd with Libya! If he really did jump ship (to Libya) - he's now going to spill the beans on all my ground unit locations!?! Oh my Gawd!

Sultan of Turkey: Oh...

Shah of Persia: Hmmm... Egypt declared war on you a few cycles ago.

King of Saudi: Yeah. I kind of noticed, when all those strange Panzer III divisions showed up in my battle reports.

Sultan of Turkey: Considering your technology package; why is that strange?

King of Saudi: "I" don't HAVE any Panzer III divisions.

Shah of Persia: Speaking about; I thought you had said Egypt "wouldn't dare to declare war" on you (?).

King of Saudi: Well. What I said - what he did - what's the difference? Saves me the trouble of declaring on him. Right?

Sultan of Turkey: Yes. But you had nothing on the border with Egypt.

Shah of Persia: No. You were quite specific, when we were telling you that maybe you should...

King of Saudi: Okay. I don't want to talk about it. I have it under control. Trust me.

Shah of Persia: In fact, Egypt is now in Yenbo, is he not?

King of Saudi: Hey! I said: Drop it. Now, what are we gonna do about 'lil' PATTON'?

Sultan of Turkey: He's calling himself 'LordPatton' now.

Shah of Persia: < chuckle >

King of Saudi: < rant > He tricked me. He took advantage of my forthrightness. He was grooming my camels, when I wasn't looking.

Shah of Persia: Calm down. We'll work something out. < snicker >

Sultan of Turkey: Why don't we simply take his country away from him?

King of Saudi: Yes! We'll take him out of the game.

Shah of Persia: How are we going to achieve this?

King of Saudi: Let's stick it to him!

Shah of Persia: He's so far away?

King of Saudi: I'm going to recall my rail gun from Iraq, and send it to shell xTripoli.

Sultan of Turkey: < sigh > You don't have a rail gun.

King of Saudi: Huh?

Shah of Persia: Oh, oh. < roll eyes > It's the "rail gun" delusion...

King of Saudi: What do you mean?! What do you think is currently shelling the fortifications of xBaghdad?

Sultan of Turkey: Let's not go through this - again.

King of Saudi: I have a rail gun!

Shah of Persia: Perhaps you (reference to Turkey) are correct. We should simply go along with him.

King of Saudi: I have a big cannon. Which is so massive, it can only be moved by rail. It can lob huge shells - for miles!!!

Sultan of Turkey: Good idea. Why don't you send your < cough > rail gun < cough >, and shell xTripoli (?).

King of Saudi: Okay. < blink > Mwaa-ha-ha! < wring hands > I'm going to rain death on him ('lil' PATTON'), from over and beyonde, the sand dunes of the African desert.

Shah of Persia: You'll have to go through Egypt first.

King of Saudi: No problem. I've nearly got 'heavyB' (the Egyptian ruler) on the ropes.

Sultan of Turkey: Is there not, an Egyptian panzer army, currently sitting in Yenbo?

King of Saudi: < stone dead silence >

Shah of Persia: Uhm. Yes. Right on your main rail line towards Egypt?

King of Saudi: < ice cold leer > Details.

Sultan of Turkey: Also your AIC 1 city, in the area, is it not?

King of Saudi: Details. < slam desk top > You're always trying to trip us up, with your infuriating attention to details. This game - will be won with "Grand Strategy" - I tell you. Not petty, insignificant things, like what your implying with...

Shah of Persia: We need a plan.

King of Saudi: How can we, when he (reference to Turkey) keeps tripping up our camels, on the way to the oasis?

Sultan of Turkey: I need some time off, from this game.

King of Saudi: Fine. Meanwhile; I'm going to start plotting the route to xTripoli, for my rail gun. < Let's see... Obviously, I need a rail line... So I have to go through xSuez... Means I better capture it soon... Before these two guys throw that in my face too... >

Shah of Persia: I could perhaps build a naval task force, and bombard his coast.

King of Saudi: Oh! Great idea!

Shah of Persia: Let me verify the relevant naval documents... I can make some cruisers.

King of Saudi: Yes! Cruisers. Har - har!

Shah of Persia: And quite a number of DD's.

King of Saudi: Lots of ships - with lots of big guns.

Shah of Persia: I'll need some minelayers too.

Sultan of Turkey: I know. I'll make transport air craft, and send in airborne troops!

King of Saudi: Now you're talking (Turkey). Yes, we'll hit him from; land, sea, air (and with rail gun shells)!

Shah of Persia: Some AK's to support the fleet, with some AO's.

King of Saudi: Fine. But get something with big guns. As for me; I'll switch production to SS panzer units. I'll paint camels on the sides of the tanks, and they'll pretend to be merchant caravans.

Sultan of Turkey: < roll eyes > That should fool the Libyans.

Shah of Persia: I can assemble quite a number of motor torpedo boat flotillas, as well.

King of Saudi: The more the merrier. Lots of navy. Build lots, and lots, and lots, of naval vessels. Now - make some with "big" guns too, eh?

Shah of Persia: A few task forces of DE's, for anti-submarine sweeps.

King of Saudi: Hey! Come on. Build BATTLESHIPS!

Sultan of Turkey: My air transports can't reach Libya. I'll have to invade Malta, and stage them from there.

King of Saudi: Build battleships - and LANDING CRAFT!

Shah of Persia: Hmmm... My shipyards are in xBabol, and my NTS levels are currently at 4 - 1 - 3.

King of Saudi: Dig a canal, from the Caspian Sea to the Persian Gulf.

Sultan of Turkey: I don't have enough LGT for all the AIR factories this will require.

King of Saudi: Invade Crete.

Shah of Persia: How much will that cost?

King of Saudi: Don’t worry. I’ll send you part of my national treasury.

Sultan of Turkey: Are you kidding? There's hardly any resources there.

King of Saudi: Just do an RPD on the province. Must I think of everything!?

Shah of Persia: All right. We have a plan. Now then: Who will get control, and final ownership of xTripoli?

Sultan of Turkey: Me.

King of Saudi: No me.

Shah of Persia: I want it too.

Sultan of Turkey: My para-troops are taking it.

King of Saudi: No, my SS panzer divisions.

Shah of Persia: My navy, is what's making this all possible.

King of Saudi: No. It's my rail gun!

-----------------

The rest of the meeting, was spent in a sometimes - and/or degenerated into a - heated argument (dispute), over how the three conquering rulers - we're going to divide Libya - amongst themselves.

Note:

"STuPiDDD" is a short form, for the "Saudi-Turkish-Persian-Demonic-Dromedary-Disorganization", the official designation of our alliance.

How we arrived to such a monstrosity, is another story in itself...

Basically, Saudi wanted us to be called "The Demagogy", to inspire the fear of hell, into the hearts of our enemies. While Turkey wanted to be known as "The Dromedary", in reference to our Camel Corps, which we all possess some units, as the predominant desert terrain favours them so much. Finally, Persia was opting for the "The Disorganization", because for some reason, he's under the impression that we just can coordinate too effectively.

Nobody was willing to budge, and agree to some one else's name. We had put it up to a vote - several times - and the reults always came out to a three-way tie.

A lot of times, we call the ideas, that individual members put forth, with various derogatory terms. Since "STP", the initial letters to our home countries, needed some vowels...

You can surely figure out the train of thought...

:D:huh::huh: You have way to much time on your hands. :huh::cheers::blink: Thats ok though, it made for some interesting reading.

Your reaction to my Tac strike was very missleading. From the way you made it sound I got the impression that the numbers would be most high. Disapointed I was when I finaly got my results. The blood of yours that was spilled was nothing more than a pin prick to the finger for a simple blood test. I shall have to remady this so that a transfussion will be required :laugh:

:ranting:  :ranting:  :blink:  You have way to much time on your hands.  :blink:  :blink:  :blink: Thats ok though, it made for some interesting reading.

You - bring out the best in me.

:woohoo:

Your reaction to my Tac strike was very missleading. From the way you made it sound I got the impression that the numbers would be most high. Disapointed I was when I finaly got my results. The blood of yours that was spilled was nothing more than a pin prick to the finger for a simple blood test. I shall have to remady this so that a transfussion will be required B)

I didn't make it sound like anything in particular - other than - you drew Saudi blood.

Tsk-tsk-tsk.

Whichever way you interpret things, I can't be responsible for.

We'll soon see how things go. You struck first, now it's my turn...

:python:

Saudi Main Bomber Base, located somewhere in the vastness of the An-Nafud Desert.

Still a few hours before the break of dawn. Suddenly, the silent darkness is punctured by the coughing of engines and flashes of exhuast. That's coming from twin Jumo engines, out on the tarmac. It is time...

Air Marshal Sultan, exits his command bunker, and watches as the ground crews start going over the pre-flight warm ups of the He-111's. The end of the fall season is upon us, while winter draws near. Although it is still scorchingly hot during the day, tempratures are several degrees below zero, at this time of the morning...

The Heinkels are departing a few hours earlier, than the Junkers. The Ju-88's cruise speed is nearly twice that of the He-111. So; in order to carry more ordnance, he's holding them back, instead of flying out all of the squadrons in one huge formation...

Soon the crews of the Junkers will be awoken, and they'll start their own pre-flight preparations. The Junkers will eventually overtake the Heinkels, once passed the Red Sea. They'll be going in first, and taking the brunt of what the enemy has to offer as resistance over the target area. Whatever that may be...?

A grimace forms upon the Air Marshal's face. How he hates sending out, his beloved air crews against unkown objectives. "STuPiDDD Grand Exalted High Command" has issued the orders - while the King of Saudi has rubber stamped it as "Grand Strategic Objective #414" - as well as provided what they say is "undeniable full proof" intelligence. The Libyan main air base has (supposedly) been located, and they've given him a map of eastern Egypt with a big red "X", penciled on the target city. Although the "Chief Sheikh" of the "Super Secret Saudi Special Spying Service" (more commonly known as the SSSSSS) won't accept responsiblity as to it's authenticity, he never the less swears that it comes from a relaible source. Air Marshal Sultan lets out a deep long sigh...

He wishes that the the King would pay more attention to him, than the intrigue engineers of the SSSSSS. And especially diss-associate himself, from the buffons at the STuPiDDD Council. However, this is war, and he is but a simple soldier after all. His duty is to make sure that the mission succeeds, once the orders are given. Still: How he would rather have had some aerial recon photographs - in this stead...

:ranting:  :blink:  :blink:  You have way to much time on your hands.  :blink:  :blink:  :blink: Thats ok though, it made for some interesting reading.

You - bring out the best in me.

:woohoo:

Your reaction to my Tac strike was very missleading. From the way you made it sound I got the impression that the numbers would be most high. Disapointed I was when I finaly got my results. The blood of yours that was spilled was nothing more than a pin prick to the finger for a simple blood test. I shall have to remady this so that a transfussion will be required B)

I didn't make it sound like anything in particular - other than - you drew Saudi blood.

Tsk-tsk-tsk.

Whichever way you interpret things, I can't be responsible for.

We'll soon see how things go. You struck first, now it's my turn...

:python:

You Declaired War with out provocation, good enough for me to strike first. you invited it :ranting:

Saudi Tactical Bomber Base, located elsewhere, in the vastness of the An-Nafud Desert.

Flight Seargent Husamed, waited impatiently, next to the gigantic gull winged Junker. The Heinkels had already passed overhead, a few minutes ago. If he was going to be involved in the upcoming great strike, his pilot officer had better make it back from the latrines soon. This was not the time to be sick with the runs! The twin engined Junkers are following up from behind, and the gull wings have to be in the air within the next few minutes, in order not to fall behind with the run-in to target schedule...

Strict radio silence is in effect, so as not to warn the enemy of the impending armada's approaches. The entire operation, involving three quarters of all the Saudi air force, is dependant on a tight schedule. Overwhelming, massive penetration into enemy territory, is the key tacic. Who knows how many fighters they'll be facing, or how thick the enemy flack will be...?

Husamed, holds a certain sense of power, within the crews intimate relationship with their flying machine. The air craft pulls out of its steep dive, upon bomb release, and then claws for altitude, giving him an excellent view of the target area. As the rear gunner, he always gets to see how accurate the bomb strikes are. The pilot, you see, is always the last to know...

But by the grace of Allah, no matter what the unkowns are to be, he does not want to miss on any of the action. He dashes off to the latrine area, in order to hurry on his crew mate. If the pilot can't hold it in, the ride will be a little more disagreeable this journey - and that's all there is to it...