Rolling Thunder Forums

Greetings Kom-Ka Federation (2165) 'Sun Touching Three Worlds With

Flagritz

Breoghan , how can you say locally no player can catch up with Worldlab Meyne in tech ? He is in our area , the ship he just built is a newer ship , it has more AP then the first ships which came to the Komka area , true , but if you read what Marcus posted , the new ship just took a few ( 2 ? ) turns to get to the area . The Ori position started March 2006 , and has similar tech to the ship you just saw in the postings...no big deal . I can fly one of my NDN's to Worldlab Meyne in 2-3 turns . That is going to be a similar time that Worldlab Meyne started . Again , alot depends on your race design....a brain in the jar position done right is an awesome researcher .....and in respect to poor troops for such a position , well , you have to be able to first land the troops on the world , which means getting through the warships above the planet before a ground pounder position could even begin to use its advantages in ground warfare . And a brain in the jar position definitely researches ground tech just as fast as any other tech it researches.....

Speaking as someone else in the local area, I would say the Worldlab's main advantage is he has had a bit longer to develop his economy. Tech is nice, but you have to be able to build stuff.

Correct, though I found two more dropped HWs on my way to the region :woohoo:

One was a redirect (not sure if intended) me to a well defended drop (1000 screens and a War Cruiser) behind them behind a

Warp Point. But my BC scout was handling them on a rather close fight. So it it was intended, it pretty much backfired, so if so, I hold no grudge :woohoo:

@Gary: Come on, the tech path for Mk IX Force Shields isn't that hard. And I found the path to one of the "Big Guns" all by myself. But the alliance I am in gave me pointers :woohoo:

This is where you said knowing the tech path was not important in your newer empire taking out a newbie.

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Breoghan , how can you say locally no player can catch up with Worldlab Meyne in tech ? He is in our area , the ship he just built is a newer ship , it has more AP then the first ships which came to the Komka area , true , but if you read what Marcus posted , the new ship just took a few ( 2 ? ) turns to get to the area . The Ori position started March 2006 , and has similar tech to the ship you just saw in the postings...no big deal . I can fly one of my NDN's to Worldlab Meyne in 2-3 turns . That is going to be a similar time that Worldlab Meyne started . Again , alot depends on your race design....a brain in the jar position done right is an awesome researcher .....and in respect to poor troops for such a position , well , you have to be able to first land the troops on the world , which means getting through the warships above the planet before a ground pounder position could even begin to use its advantages in ground warfare . And a brain in the jar position definitely researches ground tech just as fast as any other tech it researches.....

Speaking as someone else in the local area, I would say the Worldlab's main advantage is he has had a bit longer to develop his economy. Tech is nice, but you have to be able to build stuff.

One was a redirect (not sure if intended) me to a well defended drop (1000 screens and a War Cruiser) behind them behind a

Warp Point. But my BC scout was handling them on a rather close fight. So it it was intended, it pretty much backfired, so if so, I hold no grudge :woohoo:

@Gary: Come on, the tech path for Mk IX Force Shields isn't that hard. And I found the path to one of the "Big Guns" all by myself. But the alliance I am in gave me pointers :woohoo:

This is where you said knowing the tech path was not important in your newer empire taking out a newbie.

??????

Underline the part where cestvel said that because it sure isn't in your reference.

I thought you (and PA) were gone. You just here trolling for the fun of it?

Just remember that everything that PA members say is a lie. Even if they say they are lying, they are still lying. :cheers:

Right and as PA member I say you are NOT an idiot ;)

Norman coordinate... <head tilts, eyes glaze over> boooooooooooooo

You are NOT a moron!

Just remember that everything that PA members say is a lie. Even if they say they are lying, they are still lying. :cheers:

You are NOT a moron!

Oh Gary that just plain hurts me... Why do you keep posting? Leave us once and for all you little trollman.

You are NOT a moron!

Oh Gary that just plain hurts me... Why do you keep posting? Leave us once and for all you little trollman.

Why do you keep posting?

I do believe Coconutheads never threatened to stop posting in the forums.....while you threatened ( horror ! ) to not post anymore since you were not being taken seriously . Please , make good on your threat !

Well,

seems WKE is right about the PA ;)

I do believe Coconutheads never threatened to stop posting in the forums.....while you threatened ( horror ! ) to not post anymore since you were not being taken seriously . Please , make good on your threat !

Well,

EXACTLY.

You threatened (most everyone took it as a promise I suspect) that you were leaving and in one thread you said all of PA is leaving (more promises). So make good on your threat/promise and hit the road Jack.

Well,

EXACTLY.

You threatened (most everyone took it as a promise I suspect) that you were leaving and in one thread you said all of PA is leaving (more promises). So make good on your threat/promise and hit the road Jack.

Just remember that everything that PA members say is a lie. Even if they say they are lying, they are still lying. rolleyes.gif :cheers:

If he is moving in to play dominant in a weaker region then he should be saying so instead of propping up someone who failed against an equal player.

Well, if you would read back a little, you would have recognized, that I came in because the KomKa were

not opposed by one equal empire, but was squashed by three played by one player.

And that he taunted and boasted after that didn't help it either.

The KomKa had no chance at all, because his player was *not* connected to any alliance. And was up against three technological more advanced empires.

Just for Clarity, did Konka's enemy start three empires, scout until they found each other, and then attack a player with one HW? IF so what is wrong with having connected positions, it appears in the thread, this is the MAJOR reason you are attacking. I believe you said you picked up two HW's, so you also have 3 HW's.

OR is it simply you can not attack anyone with less HW's. there for since you now have 4, and no one else in the area has more than 2, you MUST stop now.

If he is moving in to play dominant in a weaker region then he should be saying so instead of propping up someone who failed against an equal player.

Well, if you would read back a little, you would have recognized, that I came in because the KomKa were

not opposed by one equal empire, but was squashed by three played by one player.

And that he taunted and boasted after that didn't help it either.

The KomKa had no chance at all, because his player was *not* connected to any alliance. And was up against three technological more advanced empires.

Just for Clarity, did Konka's enemy start three empires, scout until they found each other, and then attack a player with one HW? IF so what is wrong with having connected positions, it appears in the thread, this is the MAJOR reason you are attacking. I believe you said you picked up two HW's, so you also have 3 HW's.

OR is it simply you can not attack anyone with less HW's. there for since you now have 4, and no one else in the area has more than 2, you MUST stop now.

Nothing wrong with attacking an enemy with all at your disposal.

But going after a peacefully roleplayed position and afterward tell him what he could have been doing better to win the war while the one had clearly no chance was quite off.

So first: There was a strong enemy for me now (4+ HWs at his disposal)

Second: He likes to go after weaker opponents and taunt them

So I set out to give him something of his own game and he is not enjoying it ;)

I even told him and his alliance exactly that.

And I never said he had a chance to win this.

And I not even needed everything at my disposal. Only my empire with its collection of pick-up drops.

Oh and I was going to stop after freeing the KomKa HW and getting one of his HWs. He will have

two empires left. Pretty much enough I think.

But first I need to get his HW.