Rolling Thunder Forums

Game 81

Kevin.C

I have been speaking with my fellow generals and have decided that it would be in our best interests to have moscow as a friend.

As representitive of the Norwegan / Swedish federation ( with subjugated Danish and Finnish vassals ) offer moscow the hand of friendship.

While I have the full attention of the satalite states of Denmark and Finland I have decided to make a number of proclamations that will be of benefit to these people.

[1] Danish people must work 20 hours a day and get paid the same as people in Finland, no more no less

[2] Finnish people must work 1 hour a day and get paid for that hour

[3] Those in Denmark or Finland that cannot or are unwilling to work 20 hours a day will be placed on a work programe. The expense of these training schemes must be paid for by the people benefitting from the training

[4] Crimes of any kind in Denmark or Finland will result in either of the following sentences - death or deportation to the penal colony of Bornholm

[5] Young people between the ages of 16 and 20 in Denmark and Finland must be in training, if not then conscription into the army is mandatory.

Thanks for your patience :thumbsup:

• Replies 857
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As usual the Danish King has not got a clue. The union between Denmark and Norway lasted until 1814, the union between Norway and Sweden lasted until 1905 and the way things are going now that Union between Norway and Sweden may well resurface.

You may have got control over Iceland, Faeroes and Greenland, that is fine as they will be the only thing you have control over when my navy pounds Copenhagen to dust and removes your population from the mainland.

Do yourself a favour, build some rowing boats, evacuate your country. I would goto greenland if I was you, Iceland wont want your lot after those comments you made.

And while your on the journey take some history books and get your facts right :thumbsup:

Finally this is an open invataion to Sweden, Join with Norway again together we can rule the Scandinavian peninsular.

This is neat. I may be playing Great Britain, but I am third generation Swedish-American. Why am I not playing Sverige, then? Too damn cold for this Southern California boy!

Haaaa!!! I looked and it says right here that errr...um..... dang. Norway became part of Sweden in 1814.

But later, it says that Sweden recognized Norways independence in 1905. The Norwegians rejected democracy and chose the DANISH king to be their king. King Haakon ruled from 1905 to 1957. You must therefore submit to your king (me). I may spare your life since you seem to know a little history.

I guess Im going to have to teach you some more lessons

The Kalmar Union (1396–1537)

The Union with Denmark (1537–1814)

Now this is interesting......

Union with Sweden

In 1814 Denmark-Norway was defeated in the Napoleonic wars and the king was forced to cede Norway to the king of Sweden in the Treaty of Kiel (January 14). The Norwegian dependencies Iceland, Greenland and the Faroe Islands were kept by Denmark.

The union was peacefully dissolved in 1905 after several years of political unrest when Sweden recognised Norwegian independence. The parliament offered the throne to Prince Carl of Denmark, who accepted it after a referendum confirmed the monarchy and rejected a republican form of government. On November 18 he ascended the throne under the Norwegian name of Haakon VII.

Now there may be a Dane on the throne but he is ELECTED and had to change his name so he would not be picked on, as such the facts remain you dont know your dates in history. Typicle Danish bravado impressing its will on Norway.

So let me re-wright the history books.

Its 1939, the King is forced to flee and Norway becomes a Republic. Long Live the Republic. Union with Sweden again is what the Norwegan people want and revenge for hundreds of years of Danish repression.

I still await the Swedish deligation in Oslo, Join with us. I hear its nice in Finland this time of century

The only one to die is you Dark Lord Dad. Talking of dying I still have not heard a thing from the people of Finland. I was hoping by now the people would have stood up to their oppressive leaders and told them they are ready for change.

Come on Finland you know the Norwegan / Swedish Federation is the right way to go. I will tell you what though; DLD is true in one respect if the Russians come our way they will have to come through you.

Face facts Finland, you either join with us or your country becomes a series of trenches and fortifications to prevent the Ruskies from heading our way.

I am sure Poland and Germany would be an easier target for the Ruskies. Leave us alone to unite the Scandinavian perninsular under Norwegan rule.

Guest Spongebob
Pick on me!

Pick on me!

I'm here but like everyone else I will not disclose my country

Sufice to say

Smedley and screaming heap go hand in hand :ranting:

Ok Smedder, you failed to defend TJ in 80 so yes you are right, you deserve to be picked on. Pray tell what nation do you hail from???? errrrm :joker:

And who is this Screaming Heap you speak of.

Whats my country? - You first :joker:

Screaming Heap is one of my generals

the others are

Brigadier General Abject failure

Brigadier General Sookie Sookie La La

Brigadier General I'm gonna tell mum

Brigadier General How the F*** did that happen

Major General We dont need no stinking badges

Major General I didnt do a secondary order before I attacked

From these I'm sure you will be able to work out which country I am

Guest Spongebob

Sounds to me like Denmark... Oh my beloved Denmark please dont let Smedders be in charge. Denmark has to survive.

No come on Smedders your not as chicken as me, you show me yours and i'll show you mine. :joker:

OK

My country starts with a letter from the alphabet

It has vowels, a couple of consonants.

And a lack of essential resources.

Its not very big but has a Large one next to it

Surely Now you can figure it out

I'd be inclined to think that funny looking one next to Saudi Arabia, but it doesn't look like it lacks resources.

OK

My country starts with a letter from the alphabet

It has vowels, a couple of consonants.

And a lack of essential resources.

Its not very big but has a Large one next to it

Surely Now you can figure it out

Dear smedghgzugfrehvr, jee what a complicated name, I call you "The One That Drop a Game So Quickly",

Yes, at last, a quiz, what we all are waiting for. Well let me guess.......I guess it is Bornholm, it is small, surrounded by greater countries, lacks everything so also included "the essential ones". Or is it Rhodes, Palma, Malta?

Well I hope you keep stuck to it and don't give up so quickly as I have you in my memory. Please don't ask me what game, I think it was 73 or 76, but whatever, you came, wrote a few mails, and than ................................................................................

...........................................................................exactl

y nothing. The same pattern I discover here. Please I hope I am wrong with this one.

Well the country I am playing. You will find out yourself, soon enough. It is the one that is mentioned as the first one on the World Events.

Rednas Ruler of jhn e ugrlagfhbtbu

Greeteengs peuple-a ooff Ioorupe-a. I em zee leeder ooff Svedee und oopee fur neguteeeshuns veet oozeer neshuns.

I cuncoore-a veet zee Greet Leeder ooff Nurvey thet Denmerk shuoold nut be-a ellooed tu destruy oooor greet plun tu uneete-a zee scundeenefiun peuple-a.

Feenlund jueen us oor be-a destruyed. Bork Bork Bork!

I always loved the Swedish Chef

Greeteengs peuple-a ooff Ioorupe-a. I em zee leeder ooff Svedee und oopee fur neguteeeshuns veet oozeer neshuns.

I cuncoore-a veet zee Greet Leeder ooff Nurvey thet Denmerk shuoold nut be-a ellooed tu destruy oooor greet plun tu uneete-a zee scundeenefiun peuple-a.

Feenlund jueen us oor be-a destruyed. Bork Bork Bork!

Huhhhhhhh!!!!?????,

Well I am glad I am playing a country far, faar, faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar away from this "Chef". Oh no....I am playing Bornholm....darn...I drop.

Rednas Ruler of hjnjzutruiezruie