Rolling Thunder Forums

Game 87

Guest Spongebob

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

- The Algerian air force goes out in stile. No respite to us infidels. If we please get out of North Africa and give back xNizwa......

What? 10 green junkers vs 50 spitfire mark VIII. Is that considered stylish? I'd call it suicide. Which it was. 3000 Air kills extra in the pocket.

Yeah...failed a last attack on xBern (took out the armies, but the LDBs were not reduced enough for the AA to succeed). We did push Austria virtually completely out of France.

Nice landing by Iceland. We had heard a rumor that he was going to land in USA and Canada at the end of the game, but unfortunately, with at that coastline, it is nearly impossible to completely defend. I had a couple potential surprises for him....but he didn't land where I thought he might.

Canada's ending position:

Navy Kills: 24499

Air Kills: 116272

Army Kills: 102716

Ave Morale: 484

Ave Revenue: 9091

Well played everyone.

Yeah...failed a last attack on xBern (took out the armies, but the LDBs were not reduced enough for the AA to succeed). We did push Austria virtually completely out of France.

Nice landing by Iceland. We had heard a rumor that he was going to land in USA and Canada at the end of the game, but unfortunately, with at that coastline, it is nearly impossible to completely defend. I had a couple potential surprises for him....but he didn't land where I thought he might.

Canada's ending position:

Navy Kills: 24499

Air Kills: 116272

Army Kills: 102716

Ave Morale: 484

Ave Revenue: 9091

Well played everyone.

Wow, did must have thrown all their armies at you, without thinking on retreat location.

TJ's scores:

Navy Kills: 1335

Air Kills: 221490 (+10 green Junkers)

Army Kills: 70439

Ave Morale: 640

Ave Revenue: 8431

Hmmm, my income ($36005) is higher than my ave revenue and almost as much as my treasure. Where did all the money go????

This is after my own turn 73 which ran on the last day, so there might still be changes. I'll post the detailed map and a link to the Persian turn results after the Iraqi turn comes in.

- Surprise attacks on xParis, xBoston and xSydney

- Scandinavian actions to retake xMoscow and xYoshkarola were stopped cold and eliminated.

- At least four "spoiling" attacks were made in the last turn alone to prevent 100% retention of home territory. They seen to have been succesfull against Finland, Baltic States,

For those who want to keep score: (based on the turn 73 results of Persia)

Naval Losses: 1171

Aircraft Destroyed 56796

Ground casualties 75956

Av nat morale 664

Av Revenue 12270

Didn't think I would be ablt to take back xYoshkarola, but had to try. Too much of my air force was locked down elsewhere. Just could not build enough bases near/around the Northern/Central Russian borders to get all of what I had into the theatre there to make much of a difference at the end. Did you run before me or after me Dag? Looks like after me on my report. I did snap a Persian province on my turn as well ~ don't know if you selected that as one of your optional conditions, but I had to take the chance that you did (or at least stuck with the defaults). I also had a second air drop in Turkey weathered out. I just could not get the range worked out (as well as the silly 34 line limit to individual orders) to attack Syria or Trans Jordan, so I was not able to fully utilize the 32 SMR of my Skymasters.

I was never involved in a knock down, drag out war with anyone. Just random skirmishes. So my numbers pale in comparison to those that have been posted thus far. I am hoping to make up ground in the optional conditions, obviously!.

Naval Losses: 1840

Aircraft Destroyed 4681

Ground casualties 8866

Av nat morale 331

Av Revenue 6662

Good intel led me to my landing spots ~ as well as limits on the time left in the game.

Good job by the USA to grab xParis and snap up a capital for the end game. Well done. There were rumors going around early in the game about my wanting to invade North America. They were started by a player trying to save his own ass and convince you guys to help him stay in the game; AND it was true that he and I had a conversation about going to North America. I will not trust Mark with any information from this point forward. As far as my endgame play, I don't know who broke the silence, but I would surely love to know so I can note such an act for the future.

Persia ran after Iceland. I took a province in Finland and a city in Baltic States. As I expected an air drop on xMoscow I tried to take it back, which was not needed. AFAIK no member of the MEA has doctored with the victory conditions.

Final Results for Yugoslavia:

Morale: 391

Treasury: 23428

Naval: 9704

Air: 13379

Ground: 19377

I doubt I'll make the Top 20 for this country, but we'll see. I finished, and that's the important thing.

I doubt I'll make the Top 20 for this country, but we'll see. I finished, and that's the important thing.

I wouldn't be so shure. There are 21 positions active,

- at least one of those 21 that was used for spying only (UAE)

- one of my TA's (Turkey) has kill scores that are WAY lower.

- one of the western TA's has no home country any more (Tunisia)

So you will probably make it into the top 20.

I wouldn't be so shure. There are 21 positions active,

- at least one of those 21 that was used for spying only (UAE)

- one of my TA's (Turkey) has kill scores that are WAY lower.

- one of the western TA's has no home country any more (Tunisia)

So you will probably make it into the top 20.

LOL There was a time when I was considering invading Turkey thru Asia Minor. Probably just as well I didn't.

Turkey is a bit peculiar:

Naval Losses 3613

Air points destroyed 3989

Groundcasualties 4140

Av revenue 4472

Av morale 474

Army:

55 Shermans V and Ff

40 Mech 43B and 44

18 Motor 44

18 Mnt

18 INF 41 and 43.

All of them supplied and 100%, most of them Line through LFE. This army is probably bigger than the Persian one

Air force

50 Wellington

50 Manchester

100 Spitfire VIII

25 Tempests.

All of them at 100%

Fleet:

A various lot, amongst them 33 BB's , mostly Hood '40's. All of them 100% of course. And of the most modern variety.

Economy: Turkey+ Batum + a few provinces around Batum. All optimised for production.

Do you want to fight that? Just in case, we kept the bulk of the Syrian and Transjordanese fleet around to prevent someone trying. Starting arond the time we fount out you that took over Crete. There was even a Persian fleet in xTunis just in Case. I kept a reserve in supplies and CP to buitd airbases to transfer part of my airfleet over there if needed. Around turn 20 we seriously thought about invalding the balkan. Turkeys complete lack of enthusiasm, coupled with Algeria and Tunisia going east (understandable with German and Russian units) made us change our plans.

Turkey has been a source of amazement and despair for the rest of the team and was completely succesfull in his goals of optimising his economy and surviving the game. In the story of game #87 the war betwee Turkey and Greec was the thing that strange enough did never happen.

Here is the detailed map after the Iraqi turn:

victory-map-mil%20-87t73small.png

The map is reliable for the progress of the MEA, but I lack the details about the rest of the world, so we have to wait for Russ for that.Unless we start exchanging turns with the purpose to post links over here. I will update the map if and whent these details become available and post an animation of the 70 or so diplomatic maps when I get around to it.

The map shows the exstensive use of paradrops in Russia.

A link to the full size map can be found here http://www.lukasscho...il%20-87t73.png.

As promised, here is a link to the last Persian turn: http://www.lukasscho...SI87-turn73.txt

and here is the turn from Transjordan: http://www.lukasschoonhoven.nl/vic/TRANS87-turn73.txt

All opponents and allies have my thanks for a great game in which I learned a lot