Rolling Thunder Forums

Game 87

Guest Spongebob

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm,

if we let the Spongebob breed at the start of the game, there will be more Sponges to murder for everybody.

That brings us to the difficult choice between killing on sight and waiting to kill more.

Waiting has the risk that he might kill himself, so all things considered it is probably better to eliminate him on first contact

Nice work indeed. It is fun to see how most front change very quickly, to stay stable for some time and then change quickly again. Major battles that have been won or lost, probably.

Good game all, can't wait for the results to come in. Special thanks to Des and Tim who've made my first game very memorable, with some tough fighting all the way. What would've happened if we made that deal to invade europe, halfway through the game, I wonder.

• 4 weeks later...

Congrats to all who finished the game. Good job Scott (Poland), enjoy the bragging rights! And congrats to Jeff (Norway) for the game's high score. I figured that if one of us one the game, it would most likely be an individual win due to the inconsistent alliance structure.

Russ, I would love to see the scoring breakdown to get an idea of where the game was won/lost in the point tally. You posted this in the Hall of Victory under the Final Statistics, but that stopped sometime around game 55. Any chance of bringing that back?

I fully support that suggestion! This scoring makes no sense whatsoever to me. Poland has got Berlin and a few mediocre provinces in Germany, lost part of his homeland and has almost no army left and he still wins? I'd have rated Italy as similar or better than him but Italy is almost entirely at the bottom of the list. And why did I score better than Falco??? I'm really curious as to how the score is build up and what makes people score well or not.

And indeed, a big 'told you so'. So far I feel justified in my opinion that the scoring system is too wacky to take serious.

Nevertheless, big grats to Poland and Norway. And Iraq for scoring second (individual) in your first game.

The scores are based on the combination of the Mandatory Victory Conditions (5) and the Optional Victory Conditions (7 selected by the player out of 12 choices, if the player does not select 7, the defaulted 7 for the nation are used). I believe that the top spot for each condition receives 80 points, second 78, third 76, etc......, then the bonus victory points are added in (capitols, canals, Istanbul, Gibraltar & Malta. I do not know how ties are handled......but, with 12 scoring conditions and 20 players finishing the game, the scores I saw are impressive all around. No player scored over 600 ~ that implies that the game was hotly contested all the way to the end.