Rolling Thunder Forums

Victory! 88

Glamdring

Predator is good at making threats, lets see if he is good at following them up. :cheers:

oh please are you kidding me. just what this game needs another cry baby cause they are losing. I love the mentallity of if I cant win I'll do everything I can so you dont..sorry poland already covered that. So instead of the swiss fighting the guys that are whooping ya you want to turn on your allies. you and spongebob deserve each other you are two of a kind ....

The last time I looked the Oxford English Dictionarys definition of Ally is

A person, group, or nation that is associated with another or others for some common cause or purpose

We have no common cause or purpose

• Replies 717
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Predator is good at making threats, lets see if he is good at following them up. :cheers:

oh please are you kidding me. just what this game needs another cry baby cause they are losing. I love the mentallity of if I cant win I'll do everything I can so you dont..sorry poland already covered that. So instead of the swiss fighting the guys that are whooping ya you want to turn on your allies. you and spongebob deserve each other you are two of a kind ....

Oh wait, until you mentioned me a little later in your post, I thought you were actually talking about yourself there. "Just what this game needs another cry baby cause they are losing. I love the mentallity of if I cant win I'll do everything I can so you don't." Yup, sounds an awful lot like you.

Crying on the boards and in PM's about losing. Check. If you can't win, do everything you can so someone else doesn't. Check. Although to be fair, I think almost everyone that finds themselves on the losing side of a war tries to stop the person or persons that are beating them from seeing future success. Some just go 'turtle' to one degree or another and then die a slow solitary and all too predictable death that will soon be forgotten and rarely has a lasting affect on the games ultimate outcome. Others choose a different path. Hence, your predicament.

That aside, let's see here Predator, diplomatic problems to the west of you and military problems to the east of you and in both cases you're the common factor. Maybe the problem isn't us, it's you. Your diplomatic skills may have gotten you your TA/ALL block, but those same 'skills' have caused it all to slowly, but irrevocably unravel.

Hey, look at it this way Predator. We must really respect your Victory prowess to go to such lengths just to take you down. Well, not really, but if it makes you feel any better feel free to go with that theory.

simply put I am not the common factor you are totally misreading the situation. switzerland feels betrayed by germany for pulling his forces from the western front to help us in the east. so instead of trying to beat the people whooping him in france he is trying to break the alliance with the germans and cause havoc with someone he has been allied to all game.

he thinks we have some deal with denmark but in reality most of his troops went to lowlands and france. denmark continues to take territory in germany unchecked. I was simply trying to explain that to him privately and that by breaking his alliance that kind of thing follows you in victory...not to mention he signed many agreements in this game potraying himself as a country he was not...

so no crying here and I wouldn't have even said anything until he made his maliscious post...I simply told him if he broke his alliance under these circumstances we would never work with him again but would take him out if he ever bordered us in another game...who can trust someone like that

its all good we fight our best with our backs against the wall...come get some spartan you will get the same results last time you visited czech

You really have an anger managment problem dont you Predator, you call other player cheats, you call me a liar and you expect me and others to play nice.

Tell you what I will come to Czechoslovakia and pop your balloon, eat your ice cream and steal your candy then you will have something to cry about.

monty I am not mad at you and never was. You potrayed yourself as france in this game for several turns and signed agreements as such before revealing yourself as switzerland. Now you are trying to bpa a game long alliance with germany because he pulled off your front to help his ta's and you blame him for your own shortcomings in your war. those aren't accusations they are facts.

I simply was trying to explain to you trust is a part of victory and what you do politically follows you game to game. for instance you claim denmark in 90. are you? maybe...probably...but based on your actions in this game no one can know for sure. if I was germany how can I offer you an alliance or ta if Im not even sure if you are telling the truth or if down the road the wind blows a different direction and brings you with it...

So no in the future you can just consider me an enemy...A shame as I tried to help you earlier in the game with information whenever I could

I am done with this subject and you....

As for coming to czech I wish you could as I would love to give you some humble pie with that candy and ice cream...

Oh wait, until you mentioned me a little later in your post, I thought you were actually talking about yourself there. "Just what this game needs another cry baby cause they are losing. I love the mentallity of if I cant win I'll do everything I can so you don't." Yup, sounds an awful lot like you.

Crying on the boards and in PM's about losing. Check. If you can't win, do everything you can so someone else doesn't. Check. Although to be fair, I think almost everyone that finds themselves on the losing side of a war tries to stop the person or persons that are beating them from seeing future success. Some just go 'turtle' to one degree or another and then die a slow solitary and all too predictable death that will soon be forgotten and rarely has a lasting affect on the games ultimate outcome. Others choose a different path. Hence, your predicament.

That aside, let's see here Predator, diplomatic problems to the west of you and military problems to the east of you and in both cases you're the common factor. Maybe the problem isn't us, it's you. Your diplomatic skills may have gotten you your TA/ALL block, but those same 'skills' have caused it all to slowly, but irrevocably unravel.

Hey, look at it this way Predator. We must really respect your Victory prowess to go to such lengths just to take you down. Well, not really, but if it makes you feel any better feel free to go with that theory.

simply put I am not the common factor you are totally misreading the situation. switzerland feels betrayed by germany for pulling his forces from the western front to help us in the east. so instead of trying to beat the people whooping him in france he is trying to break the alliance with the germans and cause havoc with someone he has been allied to all game.

he thinks we have some deal with denmark but in reality most of his troops went to lowlands and france. denmark continues to take territory in germany unchecked. I was simply trying to explain that to him privately and that by breaking his alliance that kind of thing follows you in victory...not to mention he signed many agreements in this game potraying himself as a country he was not...

so no crying here and I wouldn't have even said anything until he made his maliscious post...I simply told him if he broke his alliance under these circumstances we would never work with him again but would take him out if he ever bordered us in another game...who can trust someone like that

its all good we fight our best with our backs against the wall...come get some spartan you will get the same results last time you visited czech

What? I can get the same results I got last time I visited Czech? You mean the chance to lock up your capital for 6 turns and destroy 5 ARM factories along with other factories in Teplice and Ostrava? Not to mention watching Austria slamming up against Prague's defenses for 3 turns before finally getting a clue that he never had what was necessary to take the city? And what have you done in 'retaliation'? You took one average sized city right on the border.

Cool! I can work with that.

monty I am not mad at you and never was. You potrayed yourself as france in this game for several turns and signed agreements as such before revealing yourself as switzerland. Now you are trying to bpa a game long alliance with germany because he pulled off your front to help his ta's and you blame him for your own shortcomings in your war. those aren't accusations they are facts.

I simply was trying to explain to you trust is a part of victory and what you do politically follows you game to game. for instance you claim denmark in 90. are you? maybe...probably...but based on your actions in this game no one can know for sure. if I was germany how can I offer you an alliance or ta if Im not even sure if you are telling the truth or if down the road the wind blows a different direction and brings you with it...

So no in the future you can just consider me an enemy...A shame as I tried to help you earlier in the game with information whenever I could

I am done with this subject and you....

As for coming to czech I wish you could as I would love to give you some humble pie with that candy and ice cream...

Okay if your done I will allow you the final word, on with the war

whatever spartan you are the man. I have a small country and had all of poland and hungary's troops in my country on turn 4. we knew austria couldnt take prague but he had alot more production going on than I did so we decided it was best if his force wore you down because I couldnt afford the losses with hungary running free. at the time I only had 8 divisions that werent frontier. you speak of how stupid we were but it was all calculated so I guess that makes you the fool.

If you are such a bad ass why do you baltic and central have to prostitute yourselves and give away your countries in order to get the eastern alliance to gang up on us with you? you gonna come to czech or does northern gotta do that for you too? Quit talking about what you are gonna do and come do it i'm tired of hearing about it..

tick tock

whatever spartan you are the man. I have a small country and had all of poland and hungary's troops in my country on turn 4. we knew austria couldnt take prague but he had alot more production going on than I did so we decided it was best if his force wore you down because I couldnt afford the losses with hungary running free. at the time I only had 8 divisions that werent frontier. you speak of how stupid we were but it was all calculated so I guess that makes you the fool.

If you are such a bad ass why do you baltic and central have to prostitute yourselves and give away your countries in order to get the eastern alliance to gang up on us with you? you gonna come to czech or does northern gotta do that for you too? Quit talking about what you are gonna do and come do it i'm tired of hearing about it..

tick tock

Predateur,

Stop right here. If you want to talk to a bad ass, I am the one, the only one: I am Redass. Okay just a little joke.

To be serious now. Predatour just wait I will come your way, soon very soon. And yes I am also tired about this complaining to be attacked...what do you expect in WAR GAME, to be treated like a pet?

This gam is also about to be trustworthy. I for instance do not lie about what country I am playing, I am just not revealing it. But to be honest if somebody did not figure it out by now what country I do play...well not the right ALL or TA to play with from the start. If I am trustworthy or not is not me to tell, that should others do and will do for me.

Greetings Rednas

tick tock

Now that's the kind of fighting spirit I like to see! I do really feel for you though. The way Hungary and I 'ganged up' on you was just criminal. I don't know what we were thinking attacking you just because you, Austria and Rumania had all started trying to break and invade Hungary at the same time.

By the way, I never called you 'stupid'. Remember, you saved that epithet for one of your TA's. Although I must admit that if the way you and Austria conducted the war inside Czech was all so 'calculated', you may want to by a new slide rule. Now I'm a 'fool' because of how things worked out inside Czech earlier? My goodness! Such name calling is always so demeaning to the name caller and rarely to the target of those foul names. Based on how things went inside Poland for you and your allies even BEFORE N.R. and his buddies entered the fight, what does that make you though? I'll let the battle reports speak for themselves.

Look, you're mad because everything seemed to be stacking up so well in you and your groups favor early in the game and now things have changed. I'm sorry I and my group had to choose a different path of resistance than you or your group were prepared for. You and I have already discussed this issue in great detail in PM's and have each made our points of view very clear.

And now I'm a 'prostitute'? Very sad Predator. Still more name calling. Unlike you, I'm not easily baited into doing anything I don't want to. All will play out as I have planned. Just sit back and try to enjoy the ride.

You are right about one thing though. The clock is indeed ticking away and soon enough it will toll for thee......and me, but that's a different subject. :cheers:

rednas

who pulled your chain? seriously your posts about who you are or aren't or where you are or aren't going makes for tired reading after twenty turns... grow some and tell us where you are playing otherwise you sound like spongebob's dummy...no offense intended to spongebob's dummy...

.... I have a small country and had all of poland and hungary's troops in my country on turn 4. ...

re: Hungary's troops? seriously? are you still whining about me? just curious, when you Austria and Romania agreed to slice up Hungary, were you supposed to get xBudapest?

if so, you sure did get the short end of the stick from your TA's.

strength lies not in defense but in attack?

- let's see what you got.

I think your signature should be,

"instead of proving myself on the battlefield, using diplomatic skills, I prefer to whine about it and claim people are running multiple countries or prostituting themselves out than deal with the fact that my spouting off since turn one has turned so many people against me and my allies. "

Predator, you're a loose cannon and therefore make yourself a target.

Focus on your diplomatic and your strategic skills on the field instead of blaming and accusing everyone of foul play

lets just play the game. im not calling you names or demeaning you I meant it as a metaphor but you twist everything I say to your benefit. I chose to disagree with your view of your deal with the eastern alliance as do many others in this game. we will play it out I cant stop the hordes coming my way but neither will I throw in the towel. this is my last post on this subject forever i will not address you again in this game...

magyar

maybe you should go read my post again . I did not complain about hungary at all , not about your tactics or the fact you attacked me I was simply explainig to poland the reason for our tactics at prague early in the game because he was critisizing it, plain and simple..I have not said anything negative about you in this game at all.

as for attacking my signature it is how I play victory as well as a famous qoute from A. Hitler. I am a very aggressive player and it has served me well over the years. In some cases being aggressive can be a detriment. for instance there is at least 3-4 armies waiting to ambush across the polish border so why would I walk into that. not to mention once I leave my fighter umbrella I will be hit by airforces from 8 countries

I will be glad to go one on one with you anytime to satisfy your ego...I dont claim to be the best player but I do feel I can hold my own with anyone. this is not an individual game but a team one. I dont play this game for bragging rights but for fun as I am a huge WW II buff and am a collector of WW II artifacts.

this will be my last post in this game as it has become too personal and is taking the fun out of the game...good luck to all

Guest Spongebob
rednas

who pulled your chain? seriously your posts about who you are or aren't or where you are or aren't going makes for tired reading after twenty turns... grow some and tell us where you are playing otherwise you sound like spongebob's dummy...no offense intended to spongebob's dummy...

For once I have enjoyed sitting on the sidelines and been content to see you lot with handbags at 30 paces, most entertaining. :cheers: Also calling Monty a dummy is not nice, he is my Dog and I have unleashed him on you. Red I still have no idea who you are but as a guess i would say your USA, you better hurry up and land, I may not exist by the time you get here.