Rolling Thunder Forums

Victory! 88

Glamdring

To all players of VIC88,

Just before the news reached me per e-mail from his wife Camille that her husband Jerry Theobald player of Iceland VIC88 has died on the 7th of February.

I also received the link for the possibility for all to leave condolences, see below.

http://www.legacy.com/guestbook/cincinnati...p;pid=148481093

My deepest respect for Jerry, because he was ill a long time, was hospitalized several times, was about to undergo surgery agaian, but still did play, with support from his wife and many others.

Victory is a game, we all play our own role in it, it makes fun, drive one thoughts to other things, we take it sometimes to seriously, but it is still a game.

My sympathy goes to Jerry's familie.

With kind regards.

Rednas = Sander Player of Norway VIC88

Thank you for letting us know Sander. My condolences and prayers for his family.

• Replies 717
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To all players of VIC88,

Just before the news reached me per e-mail from his wife Camille that her husband Jerry Theobald player of Iceland VIC88 has died on the 7th of February.

I also received the link for the possibility for all to leave condolences, see below.

http://www.legacy.com/guestbook/cincinnati...p;pid=148481093

My deepest respect for Jerry, because he was ill a long time, was hospitalized several times, was about to undergo surgery agaian, but still did play, with support from his wife and many others.

Victory is a game, we all play our own role in it, it makes fun, drive one thoughts to other things, we take it sometimes to seriously, but it is still a game.

My sympathy goes to Jerry's familie.

With kind regards.

Rednas = Sander Player of Norway VIC88

Thank you for letting us know Sander. My condolences and prayers for his family.

Ditto for me, and I'll add the same for AUSTR88

I see Denmark has bounced off my defenses again, it seems an 18 stack of Mechs and Armour is not what it used to be. You guys may well prevail but your victory when it comes will be hollow as your mourn your dead and bitter to the taste.

Monty,

Nice comment and "interesting" to know, we will come back to it later at an more appropiate moment.

Greetings Rednas.

Spartan--

You did all that work to get me and Austria out of the game with your backroom politics and yet you and your group of nations have not attacked us. Now you allow russia to start taking your production and still you don't attack. The only reason I continued this game was to give you a good old fashioned butt whipping before I was overrun but if you aren't going to attack me I am not going to continue throwing money away on such a boring and pointless game. If I leave my country and fc I will be bombed by 7 countries....to sit here is pointless if you are unwilling to fight :wub:

time to move on....

Spartan--

You did all that work to get me and Austria out of the game with your backroom politics and yet you and your group of nations have not attacked us. Now you allow russia to start taking your production and still you don't attack. The only reason I continued this game was to give you a good old fashioned butt whipping before I was overrun but if you aren't going to attack me I am not going to continue throwing money away on such a boring and pointless game. If I leave my country and fc I will be bombed by 7 countries....to sit here is pointless if you are unwilling to fight :ranting:

time to move on....

Sounds like I win no matter what. :wub:

Guest Spongebob
Spartan--

You did all that work to get me and Austria out of the game with your backroom politics and yet you and your group of nations have not attacked us. Now you allow russia to start taking your production and still you don't attack. The only reason I continued this game was to give you a good old fashioned butt whipping before I was overrun but if you aren't going to attack me I am not going to continue throwing money away on such a boring and pointless game. If I leave my country and fc I will be bombed by 7 countries....to sit here is pointless if you are unwilling to fight :ranting:

time to move on....

Think someone has just thrown his toys out of the pram :wub:

Spartan--

time to move on....

Think someone has just thrown his toys out of the pram :wub:

Dear Spongiebutler,

Thought you already left this game and that somebody thrown your toys out of your pine apple...

Greetings Rednas=Sander (very difficult riddle here...ehmmm) playing Norway.

Spartan--

You did all that work to get me and Austria out of the game with your backroom politics and yet you and your group of nations have not attacked us. Now you allow russia to start taking your production and still you don't attack. The only reason I continued this game was to give you a good old fashioned butt whipping before I was overrun but if you aren't going to attack me I am not going to continue throwing money away on such a boring and pointless game. If I leave my country and fc I will be bombed by 7 countries....to sit here is pointless if you are unwilling to fight :wub:

time to move on....

Dear Predestinator,

Ohhhhh....what happened on the way to your...defeat. I will shed tears here, another enemy gone. Ohhhh...next time I will keep my enemies alive and they can survive. Such a cruel game it is, isn't.

That you guys did not get an alliance working and working together, well you cannot blame us for it...that is childisch and no player of Victory understands that and taking that kind of comment seriously...at least I don't.

So for me personally another player gone, take his country and keep on spanking other enemies. Man what is this all about, this is a war game.

And as you write everytime in your avatar: strength is in attacking not in defence...for what it is worth. Maybe you should exchange defence in defeat.

So Predator I really hope to see you in future games, get your act together, get real Allies and play the game with all rules taht are allowed. Sometimes this includes wining. I also did that in VIC84, also was attacked by so much enemies...dreadfull. But looking back I did drop to early.

Greetings Rednas Ruler of Greater Norway.

Spartan--

You did all that work to get me and Austria out of the game with your backroom politics and yet you and your group of nations have not attacked us. Now you allow russia to start taking your production and still you don't attack. The only reason I continued this game was to give you a good old fashioned butt whipping before I was overrun but if you aren't going to attack me I am not going to continue throwing money away on such a boring and pointless game. If I leave my country and fc I will be bombed by 7 countries....to sit here is pointless if you are unwilling to fight :wacko:

time to move on....

I must admit. I find this all a bit hard to believe. He's too stubborn to just drop. It's more likely a trick than anything else. He and his friends so desperately want to get us back for what happened earlier during their unfortunate trek into Poland. Course, we have little intention of falling into the same trap we set for him. That would be downright unimaginative on our part if we did, and the last thing we want to do is bore him or his friends with some hackneyed scheme that had already been trotted out before by someone else. And let's be honest, who cares about money when we're all having so much fun just glaring at each other endlessly over the no-mans land. <_<

Mmmmm...didn't say I had dropped...but you claimed to have made your deals with the goal of eliminating czech and austria at ALL costs. Yet you don't attack us and yet let northern russia occupy major industrial centers. So from my perspective this game is pointless if you are not going to follow through. I cant leave the fighter protection without being bombed by 8 countries and you cant enter czech without your forces being massacred. So really what are we doing here but wasting money?

<_<

Mmmmm...didn't say I had dropped...but you claimed to have made your deals with the goal of eliminating czech and austria at ALL costs. Yet you don't attack us and yet let northern russia occupy major industrial centers. So from my perspective this game is pointless if you are not going to follow through. I cant leave the fighter protection without being bombed by 8 countries and you cant enter czech without your forces being massacred. So really what are we doing here but wasting money?

<_<

Predator,

Well I would answer to your really serious asked question, because also your question deserves an answer. My answer to your question, I quote “So really what are we doing here but wasting money?” is: “you are wasting our time”.

So take a stand and make a decision here. First you write you are not willing to continue the fight against….against…oh yah “hostile enemies” than you say you are not quitting. Well quit disturbing us and make us nervous and uncertain here…I can’t stand that…please someone help me here!!! A possible correct name for you would/could be Pretender

Eight enemies let me count: NR, Poland, BS, Finland, Norway (me hihi), GB, Lowlands and one of your former TA’s-->France, Austria, Switzerland…oh I forgot Hungary. Yes eight…well maybe we will attack you from now on with only 4, so a cut down with 50%.

But it is not prescribed in the game rules if there is war between countries how, with the amount of countries and in what order another country can be smashed. We do it for the moment with 8. So, I have to admit, your odds are not so good at the moment. But maybe you can come up with some friends, who will help you: Rumania, Bulgaria, Greece, Italy…eh France, Switzerland…well with you that are also 7 countries, so not to bad I would say.

But the communication or better the lack of it, THAT is your biggest enemy. To me you beat yourself, it looks to me like the Spongbuster syndrome.

But for me it is the same if you play or not, your country or a part of it will be a part of Greater Norway and…blablablabla…and than Washington…..pffffff.

Okay. Toodles to you and see you back on my Victory out print as “Effective Damage Inflicted Upon Enemies”….

Greetings Rednas Ruler of Greater Norway.

rednas

you dont even have your facts right about who my enemies are. try finland,norway,all 3 russia's,baltic,poland,and hungary. that is your group in this game--that is fact. our problem has nothing to do with communication.

so you are now name calling but I see your buddy has nothing to say about that but he is vehement whenever I say something negative about someone in your group. I certainly smell a bad case of double standard at play.

I never said I was dropping only that it was time to move on...meaning within the game and not wait on poland any longer. you can read something and make it mean anything you want I guess...I could care less..I never said I wasnt willing to fight I said I couldnt venture out from my fc.

ignorance is bliss I guess