Rolling Thunder Forums

Game 91

Hamish

Guest Spongebob

You wound me sir :rolleyes: but i can take it, just remove the yellow and i will leave you alone as for the Mouse i predict a swift death before T10 and for your information many nations have lasted a lot less than me. In most of my games I have survived a reasonable amount of time even with a target on my back and in the grand scheme of things very few survive to the end with any sizable nation so critasize the Sponge all you want in a pitched battle I can more than hold my own.

I once wanted to go head to head with my nemesis the Monk in the USA / Canada but he failed to accept my challenge, he fears me and always will but I will open up that challenge to any one. Game 93/94 I will return and pick one of those and whoever wants a mano to mano battle with the Sponge can risk his reputation against me, how could anyone place their face in public again if i defeat them. It would have to be a player of stature, not some fly by night or minor player so that excludes you, your not that important or been around enough to qualify. We all know who the better players are but would they risk all against the Sponge, I think not, they all fear me.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You wound me sir :rolleyes: but i can take it, just remove the yellow and i will leave you alone as for the Mouse i predict a swift death before T10 and for your information many nations have lasted a lot less than me. In most of my games I have survived a reasonable amount of time even with a target on my back and in the grand scheme of things very few survive to the end with any sizable nation so critasize the Sponge all you want in a pitched battle I can more than hold my own.

I once wanted to go head to head with my nemesis the Monk in the USA / Canada but he failed to accept my challenge, he fears me and always will but I will open up that challenge to any one. Game 93/94 I will return and pick one of those and whoever wants a mano to mano battle with the Sponge can risk his reputation against me, how could anyone place their face in public again if i defeat them. It would have to be a player of stature, not some fly by night or minor player so that excludes you, your not that important or been around enough to qualify. We all know who the better players are but would they risk all against the Sponge, I think not, they all fear me.

You're a loonie. I would be proud to crush you. Not much on stature though. I got crushed pretty fast in 81 playing - wait for it - Denmark! What else would I play?

Wow. The sponge 1-on-1. I can live with that. There would be no excuses for him getting steam rolled. I would take that challenge, but then what would I do after turn 6?

Hey, coot! Don't you know you can't steamroll a sponge? They're spineless organisms that spring back from anything. I swear, they're worse than cockroaches. :rolleyes:

as for the Mouse i predict a swift death before T10

Luckily for me i, unlike you, actually have a sufficient number of players aligning with me, good spongy sir. Friends in high places, in low places, over the rainbow, dancing on a string...

Attack me one can, but knock me out easily one cannot and knock me out not easily will be... not easy! :rolleyes:

Mickey,

Emperor of Rome,

Rightful redemptioner of the colour YELLOW.

Count me in, all alone up north... :rolleyes:

Northern Russia signing in, open for communications to whoever is out there!

Rommel

Here's to hoping your TAs don't abandon you like they did in 81. ;)

Guest Spongebob

Rommel

I never abandoned my dog, he had more bite than I could match, anyone facing Spongies Dog had better watch out.

Rommel

I never abandoned my dog, he had more bite than I could match, anyone facing Spongies Dog had better watch out.

Well, I wouldn't call him a dog. So if you did not abandon him, where did you and Sweden go? 3 year vacation? I thought Joop played well, but since his TAs ABANDONED him, he didn't have a chance.

A toast to Rommel! :rolleyes:

I can tolerate many things, but quitting on a TA.........

Rommel

Here's to hoping your TAs don't abandon you like they did in 81. :cheers:

A toast to Rommel! :cheers:

I will toast to Rommell! :cheers:

Our battle in 85 was epic! Joop is a daunting adversary, but when your alliance collapsed it was only a matter of time. The battle for xBrussels in 85 was that of legend! Or Legendary Defenses, should I say...... :thumbsup: BTW, xBrussels is ours again. The former German-Swiss empire is all but gone now. Looking forward to this game, good luck Joop, hope you do well in this one.

Rommel

Here's to hoping your TAs don't abandon you like they did in 81. :thumbsup:

Not all of them abandoned him. I was conquered instead. Not a shred of Denmark left when I dropped. A small point of comfort to be sure, but one I insist on making (though it cast serious doubt on my abilities).

Guest Spongebob

Well I have tried to keep you lot entertained for one last time before I slither off to the Pub for a few years drinking. V91 is now past turn one and I can offer no further education to all you minions. I will sign off by insisting I am not Italy and as such should be left alone.

Enjoy the game peeps, it wont be the same without me but Im going to enjoy the sun for a bit.

Cya :rolleyes:

Well I have tried to keep you lot entertained for one last time before I slither off to the Pub for a few years drinking. V91 is now past turn one and I can offer no further education to all you minions. I will sign off by insisting I am not Italy and as such should be left alone.

Enjoy the game peeps, it wont be the same without me but Im going to enjoy the sun for a bit.

Enjoy the sun, Spongeman! Don't get too crisp, sponges don't like that. I will try to make you proud of the colour yellow! :thumbsup:

Mickey,

Emperor of Rome,

Rightful redemptioner of the colour YELLOW

Enjoy the sun, Spongeman! Don't get too crisp, sponges don't like that. I will try to make you proud of the colour yellow! :thumbsup:

Mickey,

Emperor of Rome,

Rightful redemptioner of the colour YELLOW

as long as you do not try to out-sponge the sponge ....