Rolling Thunder Forums

Game 92

Edwin

Yes, i am a bit worried about the middle, and also about the east. Can't trust those evil Poles, they have proven they start expansion wars left and right... well actually top and bottom, but i'm sure left will come! Good thinking Sponge, i will leave some troops behind to make sure those Poles and their alles stay pacified.

Oh wait... those Poles and their allies... are YOUR allies! You are abusing my benign protection plan to empty my vulnerable borders!

WAR!!! :cannon:

• Replies 987
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

The capital of the Sheiks finally has been liberated by the Ottoman Empire. The sand is red but the oil wells were taken unharmed so the world economy will flourish again. Some of the sheiks have fled to the Emirates but this only will be a postponement of their execution.

In the cause of meeting our Egyptian Oil Challenge, the German armed forces have started a joint services operation to acquire a northern oilfield and it's surrounding provinces. Resistance seems light, it appears most of the Danish defenders were caught off-guard during a tea ceremony in their annual emulate-the-British day.

victory-map-diplomacy-92t22.png

New map.

Someone swallowed Denmark whole?

To the neutral observer it seems that there are two sucsesfull TA's dominating the game and a group of medium-sized TA's caught in between. Ore should red and yellow be considered one and the same TA?

Denmark swallowed, isn't that the usual state of the world? In most games at least, all games that feature the Sponge in Spongistan.

Yes, but 5 major cities in the same turn is a bit dramatic, even for Spongebob. He usually takes more turns to die, complaining al the way when he does. So maybe we are witness to a new trend here.

Oh, i didn't live up to the expected Spony-bashing-time-lines? :D

Well, i could have temporized but as indeed Red and Yellow are very friendly linked through their common TA Poland and talk had it that blue was basically dropping except for Canada, i suddenly felt the urge to... be expedient. Didn't fancy a united Scandinavia/Russia bearing down on me while there were Danish leftovers to stage attacks from. ;)

I think the fact that a huge NR-fleet, containing over a dozen battleships, appeared before the German coast this turn underscores my point herein. :cannon:

Btw, it may be that Iceland is (again?) playing, with a new player or same player. I heard he was quitting, but then Spongy's fleet got attacked by Iceland so it's a bit unclear. Any 'Blue' care to fill us in, should Iceland be blue again? :D