Rolling Thunder Forums

Game 92

Edwin

Turkey is getting awfully close... i guess that's another alliance gone. Ah well, i have to do something to not let the morale gained by conquest go to waste... :pirate2:

• Replies 987
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meh, i never liked that shoarma anyway...

Not to worry though... with the last Polish resistance now crushed i can finally start my 4-front war, so you are only a side-theatre. It's Canada, Sweden, Northern Russia and Persia that should worry... :ninja:

Not to worry though... with the last Polish resistance now crushed i can finally start my 4-front war, so you are only a side-theatre. It's Canada, Sweden, Northern Russia and Persia that should worry... :ninja:

What :huh: me worry B)

What :huh: me worry B)

Good!!!

You fortified xTehran yet? :woohoo:

Well, at least i made sure that Denmark won't be a bother for you anymore. Aren't you relieved? :D

It was definitely clever to have Denmark take provinces in Norway and Sweden for you and Great Britain to "recapture" later. The Sponge is clearly a useful tool.

Can he be rented?

Race

Well, at least i made sure that Denmark won't be a bother for you anymore. Aren't you relieved? :D

It was definitely clever to have Denmark take provinces in Norway and Sweden for you and Great Britain to "recapture" later. The Sponge is clearly a useful tool.

Can he be rented?

Race

Hehe, in case you didn't notice, Norway was his TA, so Denmark taking provinces in Norway was only in pursuit of gaining the upper hand (back) in Scandinavia together with his TA. Him advancing into Sweden was the same thing. Obviously, when Sweden showed he was incapable of taking back the land from the Sponge even ten turns after i had beaten him out of his homeland, someone had to interfere to make sure those sponges didn't grow and multiply out of themselves and cause untold ecological damage. Don't worry, i'll make sure no sponge will ever get into Sweden again. Of course i will have to check the rest of Sweden for spongy presences, as the Swedes have not been capable themselves of ridden their lands of the infestation. But it won't hurt a bit, just sit still!

Can he be rented?

Race

Uh, no British forces have been anywhere near Norway, during the entire war. As for Sponge, I can honestly say I had no communications with him in this game. You might want to check your facts there Race.

Btw Race, isn't ironic that the only reason i did a slew of SIM-TC's around Goteborg was because i saw canadian cargo ships sail through SKA1 and wondered where you were setting up shop? Otherwise and until then i simply assumed that Sweden had taken back all territory that Norway and Denmark had conquered in the turns after they quit. So i really have you to thank for triggering me to check... :ninja:

• 2 weeks later...

Why the false humility guys? It was very clever to have your proxy state Denmark capture all those provinces in Norway and then CL them to the USA while Germany was obliterating Denmark. We didn't understand that move until Great Britain did his DW of the USA which then triggered our team to start doing SIM TC to find out if there were territories that had somehow been transferred to the USA. Very clever. The oddest one of course was when the USA transferred Bermuda to Ireland and then left his entire battle fleet guarding Bermuda as Canada was destroying his home country and as Great Britain was obliterating Ireland.

I have my facts securely checked sir. It has been clear for twenty turns what was going on in game 92. Yes I had troops in Goteberg to try and help Sweden against the proxy invasion but it was in vain. Too early in the game to effectively intervene. I knew the chances of a successful intervention were slim and I would likely loose the forces, but I was being asked for help by my ally and it was the best i could do.

My hat is off to Sweden. He beat back three nations that were invading him simultaneously with no help from anyone and one of those was a proxy state that literally emptied his nation of forces leaving it wide open for invasion (which was the whole point of Denmark's existence in game 92) and dumped all of his forces into Norway. Mike's health is seriously poor, he is losing his fight to cancer, but he won this fight because he fought courageously and with honor. He didn't have to stoop to be a successful warrior.

Race

Race,

you are getting very close to overstepping the bounderies of propaganda and into the area of personal smudging, so please take care here.

You obviously do not have your facts right, as it is NORWAY who has the TA to USA and so it was NORWAY who gave those provinces to USA. Denmark is also a TA to Norway, so he couldn't capture any provinces in Sweden if he wanted to, just have them ceded to him (as was done IIRC with Bergen and possibly a neighbouring province, to give him an inroute to battle Sweden)

I do have to agree with you that the triangle USA-Ireland-Morocco has done some weird swapping/combining/assisting. We have seen Moroccan transports in the Irish Sea, we've seen Irish bombers in Africa even while his own homeland was slowly being eaten away. However, a huge deal of what we can't explain is simply because those players are new and simply trying to do the best they can with their knowledge of the game. Stuff we find totally illogical because we know a bit more about the underlying mechanics, they still do. I am guessing USA gave Bermuda to Ireland simply as a means to delay you one or two turns in taking it... that is a tactic often used. I am very interested why you think USA leaving a battlefleet at Bermuda instead of having it blown out of the waters near the US coast is odd, by the way. You don't want to know where my main battlefleet is atm... it's NOT in a port or anywhere near it i can assure you.

As i mentioned on the forums before, and also in message to Mike, i think he's doing a helluva job. :) With Finland crumbling so fast and him basically up against two-and-a-bit enemy, he has done an outstanding job.

Sweden doing such an outstanding job was also one of the reasons i was so surprised that, as soon as the Norway/Denmark duo stopped playing (turn 22, after i took Denmark), the motor also seemed to have gone out of Sweden and Iceland. Especially from Iceland, who has nothing better to do than pour his entire nation into Norway, i would have expected more than to leave Norwegian and US provinces in Norway still present after 15 turns of being able to operate undisturbed by outside nations.

Oh, and FYI, why GB did a DW on the USA:

Great Britain Turn 27:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OMG 4 atc yes castlebar galway

Galway is not under enemy control

Switzerland turn 28:

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

ESPIONAGE INFORMATION

United States controls Galway

Great Britain turn 29:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DW united states

Your nation has conquered Galway from United States (11 points of national morale were gained)

Now i know it's INCREDIBLY insidious to DW on a country that was ceded a province in a country you are trying to conquer, but well, lets consider it all part of OUR masterplan to rule Scandinavia, shall we? :joker:

Lastly, i would prefer it if you left references like to Mike's health out of propaganda posts, OR put them in there clearly as personal posts and not mix them in with propaganda slurs. It is that mix, and your tone and choice of words, tha suggests you actually mean as a player to say that i/we rigged this game from the start to have proxies take positions that we are allowed to take over. I sincerely hope that is not what you were implying, given i take huge pains to be fair and supportive to both new and old players in this game, else it is a one-way to the total ignore button for you, forever.

Mickey.

Mickey,

How do you interpret Denmark emptying his nation of forces completely before your invasion? It was so odd how every major city in Denmark was taken in the same turn. Denmark was so committed to the war against Sweden, to the point of ruinous spending on transports and a troop transfer of his forces to Norway leaving his nation defenseless. Even more odd, as he advanced into Sweden he was CL the provinces behind them to the USA, apparently you suggest through Norway. Clearly this was intended to be a one way trip for those forces. No way home and no home to return to. That just seems so strange as a strategy.

I can't speak for Iceland other than to say that the nation didn't do much the first twenty turns. That player dropped and replaced himself for reasons that I didn't completely understand. Since then the new player has been fairly successful invading northern Norway and fighting Northern Russia who is still attacking Sweden.

My reference to Mike in Sweden could be seen as underhanded I suppose, I didn't think about it that way. If so I apologize, it was just supposed to be lauding Mike in Sweden for a good fight. Now that a horde of Germans are also attacking him he obviously can't last. We will do what we can to try and maintain a northern front for your group to war against and maybe we can keep it interesting for you awhile longer.

Race

I interpret Spongy's moves as going for Sweden or bust, gambling on an extention of the non-attack pact that we made for the first 20 turns. He didn't get that extention, so all that resisted me was the last two turns of building. I believe the invasion of Denmark netted me 1300/1400 ARM and 4000/5000 AIR kills (and no, when you have 50+ divisions, 4 full air divisions of Ju-88's and ditto fighters and a huge surface fleet with three LCI-fleets available for the invasion, that doesn't even make you blink twice...).

Whatever his/Norway's intentions were with given territory to the USA, i don't know, but given that Sweden hasn't taken that territory yet i guess it was very effective at whatever it was intended to accomplish?

Lastly, if you guys want to keep it interesting, then why the hell are you still fighting amonst each other? I'm about to unleash hell on Northern Russia and start the proper invasion of Sweden, and i find Northern Russia and Sweden bashing each other's head in in the north?!? Please don't blame ME for an easy overrun of the south then...

I long counted on Canada, Iceland, Sweden, Finland and Northern Russia joining forces to fight me and the UK. I'm ready for that fight and you guys better realise that every ARM-point lost in the north is not helping either involved party, it's only helping me...

On another note, i would also like to commend Komissar Pat, leader of the Northen Rissian Hordes, for his quality play. He has been fighting Finland, Sweden and now Iceland for a long time while also having to deal with me (i destroyed 25 of his divisions, 2000 fighters and his entire battle fleet as part of the Poland campaign). I know he has a T-34 army in waiting for me somewhere in the Baltic states as well. Considering the hefty amount of units he diverted to the south, it's quite impressive he also kept up a good fight against three nations that have (had) no other enemy than him.

:cheers: