Rolling Thunder Forums

Some Newbie questions

Gixxer

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

greetings.....not new to SN:ROTE, but haven't played in long time. So I might have questions to ask. However I just wanted to say that wiki was a great idea and to thank the guy who set it up.

BTW: this forum handle and my empire won't be the same. And to tell the truth....i don't remember what my old handle was......

ok, first dumb noob question.

How do you determine the amount of fuel necessary for x size of ship?? I know warp point class will affect this but what is the guideline before that is taken into account?

rulebook: "Base fuel usage per ship is based solely on the total mass of the ship, and is then

modified upward as the Warp Point Class increases."

Might be nice to have the formula so I can know how many fuel tanks to have in designs.

ok, first dumb noob question.

How do you determine the amount of fuel necessary for x size of ship?? I know warp point class will affect this but what is the guideline before that is taken into account?

rulebook: "Base fuel usage per ship is based solely on the total mass of the ship, and is then

modified upward as the Warp Point Class increases."

Might be nice to have the formula so I can know how many fuel tanks to have in designs.

http://supernovarote.wikispaces.com/Warp+Points

just to be sure, how many orders per 'turn sheet'?? Or how many orders for $6.00?

rulebook says 30 but I think I read somewhere someone saying it was now 40. Which is it please, thankyou!

If you check the Rolling Thunder website under SuperNova Turn Fees and Pricing :

http://rollingthunder.com/supernova/SNTF.htm

You will see it is now $6 per block of 40 orders.

just to be sure, how many orders per 'turn sheet'?? Or how many orders for $6.00?

rulebook says 30 but I think I read somewhere someone saying it was now 40. Which is it please, thankyou!

If you check the Rolling Thunder website under SuperNova Turn Fees and Pricing :

http://rollingthunde...ernova/SNTF.htm

gee, think the rulebook needs updating?

http://rollingthunde...ernova/SNTF.htm

gee, think the rulebook needs updating?

It does, there are some parts here and there that need to be fixed. However the pricing information on the main site is correct/up to date.

There are loads of things that could be updated. By and large the folks here will set you straight. There are also lots of newbie questions that have been answered several times on the boards if you care to look. If you don't want to broadcast your question to the public feel free IM me and I will see what I can do on the QT.

:cheers:

OK, I am effectively on Turn 2. Last turn I issued scrap order for all 25 Pathfinder class ships that appear to be in my shipyard queue. However only 5 were marked to be scrapped. Looking at the Shipyard Report, I appear to have 5 different Pathfinders, namely :

530 Pathfinder class Corvette 0 / 12,000 Assign to Fleet 101

530 Pathfinder class Explorer 0 / 12,000

530 Pathfinder class Express Ship 0 / 12,000

530 Pathfinder class Fleet Explorer 0 / 12,000

530 Pathfinder class Fleet Scout 0 / 12,000

540 Pathfinder class Corvette 0 / 12,000

And the cycle repeats. Since my ship list only shows one Pathfinder design, what is going on here. Do I need to do a new Scrap every turn to finish clearing them off (right now I have 1 slip, was planning to build more, but not sure with this wierd Pathfinder thing).

Any ideas what is going on here ?

Thanks for the help