Rolling Thunder Forums

Some Newbie questions

Gixxer

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I need some calibration from the experienced players.

I have seen my enemy flee into a systme with 24 planets, moon, and gas giants. He needs fuel so he will be in this systme for some time. How do I bring him to battle?

Do I have to search all 24 planets and moons to find him? Is there some kind of technology that will bring about the battle if I get within a planet or two of him? Would battle begin if I am a gas giant and he is at one of the 7 moons around the gas giant? Is my Galactic cruiser with its awesome Mk III short range sensors (and other wonders of scientific prowess) so blind it can't find a ship at a nearby moon?

What am I missing? How can I find the enemy?

Personally, I just visit them in descending order of refuelling goodness, Gas Giants and then on downwards as the different atmospheres give off less fuel per scoop. You can ignore the vacuum orbits, obviously. Low tech approaches do work.

Yet another silly newbie question. If I have a slot in my production order tooled to make stuff, and I want to update that slot (say, to increase the amount built), so I just issue a new BI order with the same build priority (and it effectively overwrites the old one) ? Makes sense that might work, but I did not find any mention of overwriting.

Thanks

Yet another silly newbie question. If I have a slot in my production order tooled to make stuff, and I want to update that slot (say, to increase the amount built), so I just issue a new BI order with the same build priority (and it effectively overwrites the old one) ? Makes sense that might work, but I did not find any mention of overwriting.

Thanks

You'll want to use the EB (Edit Build) order - that will overwrite the item with the Build Priority you enter. If you enter it again as a build order, you'll have a duplicate order in the queue.

• 11 months later...

They will produce next turn provided you have power sources on the planet . If you are building coal fired power plants , then the fuel ( coal ) needs to be there to power the initial run on the coal mines . If you just build the mines and the power plants without an initial fuel supply , then the mines and the power plants will do nothing .