Rolling Thunder Forums

Game 95

Guest Spongebob

Only a dead sponge ist a good one. :python:

Ah your still here my Monk, hope you have lots of defences in Leningrad, those walls will never stop a Sponge, especially one so skilled in making someone disappear. You will never surpass my spending capacity. I am already into negative equity having spent millions... no! BILLIONS on WMD's - That's Weapons of Monk Destruction in case your wondering. So come on McFly tell us how the war with "Finland" is really going - or are you chicken :)

Look at the RWE. It tells the true story of what is going on in Finland. Helsinki and Kuusamo have fallen. Juuka will very soon.

1/8 of the game over

Czech is dead at the hands of the Balkan Alliance,.

Nearly dead are:

Bulgaria-Balkan Alliance

Iraq -Caspian Alliance

Finland -Northern Alliance

Algeria -North African Alliance

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Ah your still here my Monk, hope you have lots of defences in Leningrad, those walls will never stop a Sponge, especially one so skilled in making someone disappear. You will never surpass my spending capacity. I am already into negative equity having spent millions... no! BILLIONS on WMD's - That's Weapons of Monk Destruction in case your wondering. So come on McFly tell us how the war with "Finland" is really going - or are you chicken :)

The only proven ability of the Sponge is his ability to make himself disappear. The art of re-emerging is usually demonstrated in the next game.

The only proven ability of the Sponge is his ability to make himself disappear. The art of re-emerging is usually demonstrated in the next game.

The Sponge will rise again.....like a phoenix!!!!

Of course, I can't help but envision a chicken someone has torched, again, running down the road with wild abandon. Phoenix, flaming chicken? Yeah, they're almost the same, right? I know I'm inspired when I see one of them. Ummmm, flaming chicken. Now I'm hungry.

New map:

victory-map-diplomacy-95t10.png

- The diplomatic position of Central Russia is that it is the linking pin between two separate TA's. The coloring above is a better representation of that.

That leaves us with the question "Who is the big bad of this game?"

- Dark blue is definately not. Three quarters of its members are being overrun.

- Red, light brown and Chocolate each have troubles of their own.

- I nominate green (Balkan), medium blue (Northern) and Burgundy (Africa) as they are doing fine on all fronts and do not have an opponent of equal strength.

- Saudi Arabia is Not Dead for sure. I am still working on that.

Guest Spongebob

New map:

victory-map-diplomacy-95t10.png

- The diplomatic position of Central Russia is that it is the linking pin between two separate TA's. The coloring above is a better representation of that.

That leaves us with the question "Who is the big bad of this game?"

- Dark blue is definately not. Three quarters of its members are being overrun.

- Red, light brown and Chocolate each have troubles of their own.

- I nominate green (Balkan), medium blue (Northern) and Burgundy (Africa) as they are doing fine on all fronts and do not have an opponent of equal strength.

- Saudi Arabia is Not Dead for sure. I am still working on that.

Errrrm I have a complaint, Santa did not come to the Sponge House, he was going to give me some extra land for the ever growing Spongistani empire but he gave it to some other poor orphan child. Anyway the reason for my complaint is that Faeroe, one of the outer reaches of Spongistan is the wrong colour - Its blue and should be Yellow, please correct it or I will be forced to invade UAE

Anyway the reason for my complaint is that Faeroe, one of the outer reaches of Spongistan is the wrong colour - Its blue and should be Yellow, please correct it or I will be forced to invade UAE

By any means, be welcome! Great hotels, good coffee, nice beaches, lots of sand and sun and some Persians and Russians that want to come over here for a vacation. Always room for an extra Sponge or so. But as for the color, Are you playing the country that in another time-continuum is also called Denmark by some unbelievers? If not, the Faeroe islands are depicted in the right color.

Guest Spongebob

By any means, be welcome! Great hotels, good coffee, nice beaches, lots of sand and sun and some Persians and Russians that want to come over here for a vacation. Always room for an extra Sponge or so. But as for the color, Are you playing the country that in another time-continuum is also called Denmark by some unbelievers? If not, the Faeroe islands are depicted in the right color.

What you mean? Faeroes have been invaded by the Monk? never, I've not seen any Monks. If I had I would go on to the end. We shall fight in France, we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be. We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.

Guest Spongebob

Hmm,

now that I think of it, as you do fight everywhere you are probably fighting amongst yourself most of the time. That would explain some things.

Okay seeing as Santa did not come to see the sponge Im going to ask nicely - Colour my Island Yellow, Pleeeeeezzzzzzzze! :)

I am also going to make a New Years Revolution (get it) from El Capitan Sponge - I am going to make 2014 the year of the Sponge, more mayhem, more suicide missions, more self destruction, more biting off more than I can chew <_< , more... well... More of ME!! :rolleyes:

New Map:

victory-map-diplomacy-95t11.png

- The Faeroe islands are momentarily caught up in a civil war between those who feel blue, those that become red and those that are yellow.

- The USA vs Canada still is interesting, judging on the RWE.But it is difficult to judge a war on the RWE alone.

- Will France hold? Will Germany hold? Will Denmark DW UAE next? We're still waiting for an attack on xLeningrad.

- The same goes for Scandinavia. As turn 11 has come and gone, we probably will know what Iceland is up to real soon now.

- Bulgaria seems to be gone. Giving Yugoslavia and Greece the problem were to go next. There is already a war agianst Chocolate, so keep up the good work.

- Still far to many Saudian airppanes to my liking. And he is building fighters. Boo. But, as a morale booster to the blue team: I conquered another six pieces of valuable desert and- after 40 attempts - finally discovered some extra heavy ore.

- Message to the Burgundy team: look, don't you feel that Chocolate is getting far to powerfull? They are gobbling up far more of the middle east while you are slugging against Transjordan. Do something about it!.

- Message to the Chocolate team: You are doing all the hard work and Burgundy is profiting. Do something about it!.

Guest Spongebob

*** NEWS FLASH ***, the civil war in Faeroes still rages on, diplomats on all sides have been having a very heated discussion on whos turn it is to go get the Sandwiches. However the Spongistani delegate refuses to eat Cucumber until evidence is presented it did not come from the sea. Also vast fleets have been dispatched to the Islands to secure the building of landing craft for the invasion of Leningrad, at current production rates the invasion can start sometime in the next few years. WMD inspectors have inspected the weapons and they exists. There official reports ends with the word - Honest.

Can the leader of the Icelandic people please pick up the phone, your diplomats have been seen in many ports of call but have failed to learn the language of Diplomacy. As minister for propaganda for the Red Alliance it is my duty to request you learn the lingo.

Respectfully - Monty

Now on to other matters, I must give praise to the honourable Swiss for the most enjoyable game of chess I have had in years. It is a true delight to do battle with someone's mind as well as there armies. I would be honoured if you would contact me so I know who my opponent has been in the great game of cat and mouse.

If he reads this, I would surely like to talk to Saudi Arabia, before hos position is swept away by the mass of Libyans, Egyptians, Persians and Southern Russians coming from the North.

New map:

victory-map-diplomacy-95t12.png

- Iceland still neutral

- The Middle East Alliance has fallen.

- Lone survivor UAE sneaked by the main Saudi conterattack and conquered something else than desert. This one had lots of Petrol.

- Portugal has managed a comeback, but its partner Poland is doing less well.

- the DW's between green and Chocolate are an indication of a growing conflict.