Rolling Thunder Forums

Game 95

Guest Spongebob

" If you really want to make him mad you should disband your troops to deny him any victory points."

Why don't you show him how its done against Portugal.

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New map:

victory-map-diplomacy-95t06.png

- Denmark is doing unusually well. We'll see if this is because of the coloring or the fact that it isn't called Spongistan this time around.

- Algeria is suffering from fighting a 3:1 war against Burgundy.

- Burgundy and Spinach are still both doing fine.

- A lot of DW's confirming that the Mocca alliance is now in a total war against Red. With a DW against Great Brittain even the Chocolate alliance is taking sides

- This is usually the time that the wars part of the map (the upper right corner) is getting a bit confused. It usually sorts itself out around turn 30 or so.

- The Middle East Purple Alliance is under pressure. But! there is also good news. We found some more Saudi Arabians and this time it wasn't a traffic accident.

Shh, don't call us the 'Burgundy' alliance -- the Imams might start looking into our drinking practices.... I suppose we could say that burgundy refers to our desire to take that area and burn down all the wineries, but that is a bit of a stretch in more ways than one!

Algeria is being feisty and has managed to temporarily penetrate both Morocco and Tunisia (that sounded dirtier than I meant it) but will eventually meet an honorable defeat at which time he will be offered exile or a comfortable house arrest...

TJ is putting up a vigorous defense after his initial advance to Suez was reversed, but he is (so far) getting the worst of it casualty wise. Lots of interesting fighting still to come.

True but Denmark does have an alliance with Lowlands so contact could have been made. Got to admit Monty's strategy of not fighting/opposing the attackers from the North and South is a interesting approach. I suppose attacking France was another way to delay any engagements. You obviously have that Alien Predator confused and frustrated. If you really want to make him mad you should disband your troops to deny him any victory points. That will show him! Don't spread that strategy around would hate for my enemies to employ it. Have fun, RIck

I once saw a cartoon where Goring was in front of hitler and hitler asked him; "is it true that our troops are marching unstoppable in eastern and western direction?" on which Goring answered "Fore sure my fuhrer, those of the east front in western direction and of the west front in eastern direction".... Monthy is doing the same only it is a northern and a southern front......

And remember Ta's can be broken as well...new alliances can be founded once the old once turn to be useless... the enemy of my enemy is my friend and with some friends you need to have a good fight once in a while...Now where was I... where was Paris again?

Guest Spongebob

Now will all of you please leave Czechoslovakia alone?

At this rate there won't be anything left for the Dark Monk and his cronies.....

There is plenty left for anyone else who wants to take a pop at the Sponge, Monk is still in his bunker deciding what to have for breakfast, my guess is he will soon have humble pie in the bucket loads.

Guest Spongebob

Czechoslovakia is on the verge of annihilation. I predict xBratislava will be the last city to fall and then Sponge will be no more. Well, his nation will be no more. Sponge will of course continue to grace (curse) us with his comments.

No no no this is a figment of your imagination, nothing to see here, my people are fully behind my course of action in this war, we as a Species will prevail, Sponges will land on the beaches of our enemies just as soon as I can build some bloody landing craft.

I suggest some out of the way part of Persia or Saudi Arabia.

On second thought, Scrap Saudi Arabia. The war over there is all over the empty desert so I cannot guarantee not bumping into him by accident.

Now that I think of it, Persia too is threatening me so that may not be the safest place either.

Algeria maybe? Iceland?

Guest Spongebob

Oh that kind of Reservation :angry2: Im not some bloody Indian you know, I am Sponge; Master of the Universe, subjugater of all Human Kind. But if I am to live a long and prosperous life there is only one place a Reservation should be, Spongistan; otherwise know as Denmark. :laugh:

Battle report

Marine divisions driving to Paris have uncovered thousands of very thin books abandoned by retreating French troops. Upon closer examination, the titles were “The Book of French war Victories”.

All other opposition comprises large mazes of white flags and the roads clogged with collaborators and men wanting to sell their sisters.