Rolling Thunder Forums

Official: Turns Are In Thread

EternusIV

Been alittle anxious since , hmmmm...Tuesday evening ? I have restrained myself on Wednesday , today I have had a slack jawed stare at my monitor , nervously looking at my email and then going to the RTG forums , then going back to look at the last turns . Naw , I am not addicted to this silly game , and I don't care if the turns come in tomorrow , or on Sunday for that matter :(

I admit that I will check my e-mail quite frequently come the time the turns results are due. And I view the RTG forums on a regular basis and view my last turn results multiple times. Heck I even have a shortcut to my SuperNova files on my computer desktop.

Hi. I'm Ben. I'm a SROTEholic.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lots of setups this cycle, which is great! Unfortunately I accidentally ran some utilities twice at the beginning of the cycle and that has forced me to restart from the pre-turn backup. That's bad because of the time lost. There's no way the turns will get out now before Saturday - my guess is early afternoon.

Sorry about that :( And this was looking like a really good run, too...ugh.

Pete, your comment brings a question to mind. If it is not confidential information, what is an average number of startups per turn (your guess Is fine -- not asking for an exact number) and how many this time?

Lots of setups this cycle, which is great! Unfortunately I accidentally ran some utilities twice at the beginning of the cycle and that has forced me to restart from the pre-turn backup. That's bad because of the time lost. There's no way the turns will get out now before Saturday - my guess is early afternoon.

Bummer... in principle.

However, it turns out I'm headed up north to Higgins Lake and figgured we'd get turns back just after leaving but now I won't feel so bad. Sorry for everyone else who is gonna be jonesing tho.

Higgins Lake in Michigan? Another Michigander? That makes three! Maybe we should form the Michigan Group? :thumbsup:

Bummer... in principle.

However, it turns out I'm headed up north to Higgins Lake and figgured we'd get turns back just after leaving but now I won't feel so bad. Sorry for everyone else who is gonna be jonesing tho.

Higgins Lake in Michigan? Another Michigander? That makes three! Maybe we should form the Michigan Group? :thumbsup:

Yep, that Higgins Lake.

But be careful or Gary will start 'whirling like a dervish' and hear voices telling him the Michigan Group is out to get him too. Of course this member is.

Don't forget Dr.Pierre Chang, he (and the Dharma Project) hail from Ann Arbor.

Blimey all these parochial groups popping up...better get in while the goings good...whose wants to join the "British Interstellar Gathering for the Glory of Old Blighty" or B.I.G G.O.B. if you will? :(

Chin Chin Old Fellow :thumbsup:

It's the end of summer, kids are going back to school, the last chance for any fun in the sun. Heck, some trees are already starting to lose leaves. So you take your time Pete, enjoy one last weekend. Just get to the turns whenever you feel like it. Everyone will be fine .. well, except for that guy over in the corner who looks like he needs some oxygen. But there's always one in any crowd. Just ignore him. :(

After consulting with the Ann Arbor group, we are very disappointed, Pete. Suggest using the Space Time paradox at [interference Noted Here] station, enabling turns to be submitted on Tuesday, processed on Thursday, and delivered on Wednesday.

Namaste,

Dr. Pierre Chang

Hi Dr. Chang,

I'll be attending LU this fall, are you on staff there? I will be starting work on my PhD. Maybe between the two of us we can help Pete out.

P

John