Official: Turns Are In Thread

EternusIV

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is just bullsh*t that we always have to ask when we might expect to get our turns....the least that could be done is a simple posting giving the estimated time when we could expect our turns....and I really do not believe that is so very much to ask.....

This is just bullsh*t that we always have to ask when we might expect to get our turns....the least that could be done is a simple posting giving the estimated time when we could expect our turns....and I really do not believe that is so very much to ask.....

If all you are gonna do is bitch, quit. Plenty of other games you can take your attitude to.

There could be - probably ARE!!! - a million and one reasons why Pete hasn't told us when the turns are due this time around, each one in all likelihood more telling than the last. Probably one of the most easy going guys in the game, I'm ready to accept that Pete merely has to say that it ain't gonna happen by such and such date/time and I'll be happy, kinda sorta. I can live with the thought that I don't actually have an absolute right to know what Pete's thinking.... as long as I have the right to ask. Some people exercise that latter right more forcefully than others - it's the same thing though.

Am I relatively pissed off at still having to wait until Sunday for the turns despite the new Tuesday submissions? Sure I am, even though I totally understand that life happens, and that my wants aren't always going to be met. That understanding isn't going to stop me wanting the turns though.

Games that call for on-going, long term aggressiveness and equally long range calculating minds are not going to appeal to people who do not want everything available any time up to five minutes ago. Data is king! For every player that asks such questions of Pete, or any authority figure for that matter, my experience in human nature tells me that there are multiple others doing the same under their breath (...and I'm quite experienced in the foibles of human nature, trust me).

I think the "attitude" that lugal is probably noting is nothing more than that of an inveterate gamer. That's something common to most of us when all is said and done, I reckon.

If all you are gonna do is bitch, quit. Plenty of other games you can take your attitude to.

Any problems here?

Hey guys, keep calm! The results WILL come in. I'm really tired of all this grumbling and moaning every and every week. :)

All I am asking for is that we can get told when we can expect our turns.....takes about 2 minutes to write a line to tell us , and by Friday evening , that should be able to be gauged ....simple thing , and tells us not necessary to look every 5 minutes at the computer to see if email has come in . And once again , I do not believe that is asking for too much . Simple courtesy , that is all .

All I am asking for is that we can get told when we can expect our turns.....takes about 2 minutes to write a line to tell us , and by Friday evening , that should be able to be gauged ....simple thing , and tells us not necessary to look every 5 minutes at the computer to see if email has come in . And once again , I do not believe that is asking for too much . Simple courtesy , that is all .

Whatever..... going back to sleep now and WAIT for the results... :)

Any problems here?

Hey guys, keep calm! The results WILL come in. I'm really tired of all this grumbling and moaning every and every week. :)

Hey TT, if you are tired of "all this grumbling and moaning every and every week" then in the words of another recent poster, quit and go elsewhere. It is not unreasonable to ask for a status update on a Friday nite/Saturday morning, even if the update is just a simple 'won't be out till tomorrow'.

Just a question of how late I can stay up tonight. Doing what I can to get them out as soon as possible.

Thanks Pete ... You've allayed my fears that someone had nobbled the ref at least :thumbsup:

Now do Starbars deliver caffeine drinks to the Denver system I wonder :)

@Breoghan - Excellent post BTW, summed it up very well.

Any problems here?

Hey guys, keep calm! The results WILL come in. I'm really tired of all this grumbling and moaning every and every week. :thumbsup:

Hey TT, if you are tired of "all this grumbling and moaning every and every week" then in the words of another recent poster, quit and go elsewhere. It is not unreasonable to ask for a status update on a Friday nite/Saturday morning, even if the update is just a simple 'won't be out till tomorrow'.

Hey CCH, there is no problem in asking, just in bitching around. Got me? Ok... :ranting:

BTW: Two people are allowed to tell me when to quit - my wife and my mother. Nobody else. :)

Why do we get turns late Sunday now even that we sent in turns a day earlier?

If it is computing power, I advise buying a new PC. My turns alone for half a year will buy you a top of the line PC to run

the computing power (you do not need a 3D-Card for it :) ).