Rolling Thunder Forums

Newbie Questions

Balagor

From what I understand, you need 1 per 100 for best results, like most everything else. I'm trying 1 per 1000 with my theocracy, at lest until I get a colony started to help produce more ConMats... :D

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I've understood it, building installations with the 1/100 pop ration gives you the maximum effect attainable, not that that means results every turn :D Also remember that it's all POP including those in those 490k Industrial Complexes :drunk:

Thus, it will be rather hard to achieve any noticeable effects on the HW from what we've seen on those figures if you don't use smaller pop groups.

Happy TG!

/Locklyn

As I've understood it, building installations with the 1/100 pop ration gives you the maximum effect attainable, not that that means results every turn :D Also remember that it's all POP including those in those 490k Industrial Complexes :drunk:

Thus, it will be rather hard to achieve any noticeable effects on the HW from what we've seen on those figures if you don't use smaller pop groups.

Happy TG!

/Locklyn

Or are willing to put a large amount of industry into religion. :cheers:

Hey, I'm so peaceful, I DISM'd my boot camp!

Yeah!  Fuel Distillation Complexes are much better than Fuel Refineries.  :beer:

Pfft. And a well-tuned SKIMming operation is better than either.

I doubt that. Fuel Distillation Complexes pay for themselves in 6 turns. (They cost 45,000 RR and generate 250 fuel x 3 x 10 =7500 RR per turn). It's as good a return on investment as anything in this game. And the next generaltion fuel complexes pay for themselves in half that time. I think if you tabulate the cost of fuel shuttles, tankage and engines, you'll find it doesn't work out as well for skimming.

Yeah!  Fuel Distillation Complexes are much better than Fuel Refineries.  :cheers:

Only if your lucky enough to have a nearby Gas Giant, Mr. Smarty Weasel! :ph34r:

Checking star charts, we actually have 4 gas giants in our home system. We are not, as a rule, a stingy race, so we'll gladly sell you the one with no moons if you're willing to pick up and transport it. :beer:

Yeah!  Fuel Distillation Complexes are much better than Fuel Refineries.  :D

I doubt that. Fuel Distillation Complexes pay for themselves in 6 turns. (They cost 45,000 RR and generate 250 fuel x 3 x 10 =7500 RR per turn). It's as good a return on investment as anything in this game. And the next generaltion fuel complexes pay for themselves in half that time. I think if you tabulate the cost of fuel shuttles, tankage and engines, you'll find it doesn't work out as well for skimming.

Fuel Purification Refineries produce 500 Fuel from 1 Improved Petroleum (so they are 4 times more efficent than the Fuel Distillation Complex .. and pay for themself in about 1/4 of the time). Of course it does require 500 Advanced Construction Material to build, but, it's well worth it.

I'd tell you what leads to it, but, I haven't got a clue which item I completed on turn "X" gave me the ability to build this. I really dislike how INST does not list the techs required to get the installation so you can share the information with partners.