Rolling Thunder Forums

Newbie Questions

Balagor

If you start with Level 4 Telepathy, you already know 1st, 2nd & 3rd Generation Telepathics. You can immediately begin researching 4th Generation Telepathics.

Actually, if you start with Level 4 Telepathy, you already know 4th Generation Telepathics. All you can research are the MDD bomb's, so far.

Really? My race has a Level 4 power and 4th Generation not 5th Generation showed up on my research list. :rolleyes:

I will be most upset if I have been researching something I should already know. :)

You are lucky. I have level 4 and there is nothing to see. Thats why i asked. I emailed RTG three times but no answer yet. :D

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you start with Level 4 Telepathy, you already know 1st, 2nd & 3rd Generation Telepathics. You can immediately begin researching 4th Generation Telepathics.

Actually, if you start with Level 4 Telepathy, you already know 4th Generation Telepathics. All you can research are the MDD bomb's, so far.

Really? My race has a Level 4 power and 4th Generation not 5th Generation showed up on my research list. <_<

I will be most upset if I have been researching something I should already know. :angry2:

You are lucky. I have level 4 and there is nothing to see. Thats why i asked. I emailed RTG three times but no answer yet. :(

No, he is *unlucky*. You have nothing to see because you already have lvl 1-4 horizons techs for the mental power. For some reason, the lvl 4 version shows up as "researchable" for him, meaning he doesn't really have it. My guess is that he actually bought it at lvl 3 and forgot, or Pete mistakenly keyed it in as lvl 3.

A level 4 mental power always gives the lvl 1-4 mental powers horizons techs. Nothing other than MDD's is available to research. At present, there is no way to tell what the rules mean when they refer to "developing" your mental powers.

- woolfe

Really? My race has a Level 4 power and 4th Generation not 5th Generation showed up on my research list. <_<

I will be most upset if I have been researching something I should already know. :angry2:

You are lucky. I have level 4 and there is nothing to see. Thats why i asked. I emailed RTG three times but no answer yet. :(

No, he is *unlucky*. You have nothing to see because you already have lvl 1-4 horizons techs for the mental power. For some reason, the lvl 4 version shows up as "researchable" for him, meaning he doesn't really have it. My guess is that he actually bought it at lvl 3 and forgot, or Pete mistakenly keyed it in as lvl 3.

A level 4 mental power always gives the lvl 1-4 mental powers horizons techs. Nothing other than MDD's is available to research. At present, there is no way to tell what the rules mean when they refer to "developing" your mental powers.

- woolfe

But i have no related MDD to research too. So i still think something is wrong. :(

Hello

Is it possible to Scrap a ship and use the components from that ship in a SHIP (Build Ship) order later (at a later priority) in the same turn??

thanks tokmok

That would not work on the same turn, because though the scrap order is issued and processed during order execution, the actual scrapping of the ship doesn't occur until your shipyards run during the end-turn adjustments. Those components therefore aren't available in stockpile until the following turn.

And STILL no answer regarding mental powers in any of the threads, Please Pete, it would be awfully nice of you to give us/me a simple "noone has found the appropriate tech yet" ,"the code for mental powers isn't working right now, we'll get back to you" or "I could tell you but then I'd have to kill you" :Dsomething! instead of passing this subject by in all of the threads. ;)

Oh well...

/Locklyn

Really? My race has a Level 4 power and 4th Generation not 5th Generation showed up on my research list. ;)

I will be most upset if I have been researching something I should already know. :D

You are lucky. I have level 4 and there is nothing to see. Thats why i asked. I emailed RTG three times but no answer yet. :unsure:

- woolfe

But i have no related MDD to research too. So i still think something is wrong. :(

It would be also nice to have an answer on my three emails i send regarding my setup. The first one is from a week ago. I see all questions be answered here on the forum, but i seeme to be ignored. Also on the forum. :o

And STILL no answer regarding mental powers in any of the threads, Please Pete, it would be awfully nice of you to give us/me a simple "noone has found the appropriate tech yet" ,"the code for mental powers isn't working right now, we'll get back to you" or "I could tell you but then I'd have to kill you" :Dsomething! instead of passing this subject by in all of the threads. ;)

Oh well...

/Locklyn

I've answered this already. Bombs of all sorts, mental-power based and otherwise, are not showing up in TAC results along with the mental power TAC values. That's something I'm looking into. Mental powers also add to exploration results but don't provide visible value in your lifeform's exploration modifier (on the front of your turn results).

It would be also nice to have an answer on my three emails i send regarding my setup. The first one is from a week ago.

My apologies - I must have missed it. I'll go through my emails to see if I missed any, especially as pertains to setup issues.

Pete, i have still no answer from you?!?

Another question: the turns are on the 17th due. Does that mean i can send it in on the 17th or must i send it on the 16th the latest? :alien2:

RE: "As I understand it, as long as RTG get the turn before the end of the 17th then that's ok!"

That is also my understanding.

Looking ahead, does this mean that Pete is going to ring in the New Year entering Supernova turns? Inquiring minds want to know!

--Russ (other)

• 2 months later...

Hello

How do I get my Scientist legendary Characters to do something?

I have some on my Home-world but they havn´t done anything. I have also build the various Science buildings. Should I assign them to a fleet for them to work or should I assign them to a world very different from my HW and then build the science installations there??

Could anyone give me an example of how the turn report looks like when a scientist have a succes?

Thanks Tokmok