Rolling Thunder Forums

Newbie Questions

Balagor

As I understand the situation...

1) Your scientists all have a chance of making a "research breakthrough" whether they are assigned to a fleet or are stationed at a colony.

2) Your scientists have more chance of making a breakthrough if you have constructed science installations.

3) Your scientists have more more chance of making a breakthrough if they are stationed at colonies on alien worlds.

4) The better the scientist the greater chance of a breakthrough.

When your scientists are successful this is indicated on your turn.

To get immediate benefits from your scientists you could of course get them to assist in suveying warp points :cheers:

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could anyone give me an example of how the turn report looks like when a scientist have a succes?

Thanks Tokmok

Chief Scientist Johannes Stark used his/her skills as a Scientist to good effect, resulting in a minor breakthrough in the field of Orbital Elevator research!

• 1 month later...
Question on fuel transfer.

What is the code to move fuel from pop group to fleet? The FUEL command is just for feul from one fleet to another (quoted).

or is it the LC command? :blink:

Right - to get Fuel onto a fleet from a pop group, use Load Cargo (LC).

You can also have multiple minor breakthroughs on research in a single turn. Most I have seen in a single turn is 3 for one empire.

>Master Scientist Ti'deer used his/her skills as a Scientist to good effect, resulting in a minor breakthrough in the field of 5th Generation Civil Engineering research!

> Master Scientist T'dah used his/her skills as a Scientist to good effect, resulting in a minor breakthrough in the field of 3rd Generation Planetary Engineering research!

> Chief Scientist Ti'bill used his/her skills as a Scientist to good effect, resulting in a minor breakthrough in the field of 5th Generation Space Science research!

When you get one it will be in the area where new leaders join the empire.

Good Cheer,

Rick

Thing to consider is that scientists now only affect breaktroughs in techs you are actually researching instead of as before in any area you had points in (like EXPL hits) hence Scientists have become much more useful in advancing your current techbase

/Locklyn

1) Your scientists all have a chance of making a "research breakthrough" whether they are assigned to a fleet or are stationed at a colony.

2) Your scientists have more chance of making a breakthrough if you have constructed science installations.

3) Your scientists have more more chance of making a breakthrough if they are stationed at colonies on alien worlds.

To get immediate benefits from your scientists you could of course get them to assist in suveying warp points :blink:

Point #2 and point #4 seem fairly self-evident. What about #1 and #3?

I've had three minor breakthoughs in one turn (two this last turn), but in both cases (and a couple of one-off hits) the scientist in question was on my HW. I've been considering bringing home my expat scientists to maximize my chances on this front. Has anyone seen a scientist that is off-HW score a successful research hit?

Thanks!

-LX

To get immediate benefits from your scientists you could of course get them to assist in suveying warp points  :blink:

Point #2 and point #4 seem fairly self-evident. What about #1 and #3?

I've had three minor breakthoughs in one turn (two this last turn), but in both cases (and a couple of one-off hits) the scientist in question was on my HW. I've been considering bringing home my expat scientists to maximize my chances on this front. Has anyone seen a scientist that is off-HW score a successful research hit?

Thanks!

-LX

Yes, I do believe #1 and #3 are correct based on my own results. Scientific breakthroughs do seem to be more frequent on alien worlds, this is based on the results I have seen an experimental science colony in a nearby system. It worked so well that all my scientists have been relocated to this planet. :P