Rolling Thunder Forums

Game 95

Guest Spongebob

.But untill now that war has not been a hot one: well, I lost two or three planes to AAA and Earthling lost a whole sub to a standing patrol.

I don't know how hot the war is currently, but have lost no naval units in this game. Haven't even built any naval units in the game. Don't even have a ship factory. As for your planes, don't fly over my territories. We still haven't done anything war like other that me running over your ceded territory in Iraq and you flying recon missions over my country, which I can only guess is to provide intel to the North African nations. Not a very 'hot' war by any standard I have encountered in Victory!.

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're right, they were Saudi subs at PER 7. My bad. Would you believe that the Saudi fleet is actually bigger at the moment than mine?

About the planes, I can confirm it is ONE Vindicator that went missing somewere. The rest were lost over Saudi Arabia.

With this it just barely qualifies as a shooting war.

You're right, they were Saudi subs at PER 7. My bad. Would you believe that the Saudi fleet is actually bigger at the moment than mine?

About the planes, I can confirm it is ONE Vindicator that went missing somewere. The rest were lost over Saudi Arabia.

With this it just barely qualifies as a shooting war.

Well....the Saudi naval fleet is enormous compared to the Persian naval fleet.

I don't understand the friction between Earthling and Dageraad. War between them was inevitable. To fain disappointment is fine, but expressing shock seems silly. One question. Where was UAE supposed to go once he conquered S.A. and Turkey, S.R. and Persia defeated Syria, Iraq, Trans-Jordan? That was a train wreck just waiting to happen.

As for the map, Dageraad is not an employee of RTG and thus is not bound by any requirement to make a map, much less an accurate one. Basically, it's cool to look at and to get a very general idea of what's going on, but placing too much faith in its accuracy or his comments is folly. We should all take it for what it is. Not for what we wish it was.

UAE could have gone against Egypt. I was really looking forward to invading Baltic. Instead UAE has rallied nations to invade me by sharing battle reports with several nations. Rumors of my vulnerability are exaggerated. It is tough fighting 3 invaders at once though. Right Predator?!

I got them lining up at the border...I cant wait to see who I get to fight off first!

with the winter coming to an end and the snow melting it will be tough sledding for the Austrian and Yugoslavian panzers in the mountains! :cannon:

Well nothing can match what the Austrians have built when it comes to a navy! Upon Lake Achen rests the pride of Austria's sea (lake) fairing might. Rest your eyes upon our 'fleet'.

racing.jpg

In an effort to dissuade overzealous aggressors from embarrassing themselves from EVER thinking they could surpass our naval prowess, we have taken the unheard of step of actually releasing highly classified details about the capabilities of our ships. Some would say that revealing such state secrets would compromise our vital security, but we know that our technology is so advanced compared to our potential enemies that there is little or no threat to us in releasing this information. Long live Austria!

Specifications

barn1400.gif

Hull...................Hard chined

Length...................13ft 10in

Beam............................53in

Weight......................140lbs

Crew Capacity.........600 lbs

Sail Area........Main 75 sq. ft.

Armament.............classified (hey, we need some secrets)

Despite all the rumpus, here is another round of shameless propaganda:

victory-map-diplomacy-95t14.png

- I could give you spicy reports about the Saudi-Emirate war, but some of you would consider this propaganda and if I told you the Saudi Navy actually conducted coastal bombardments this turn you probably wound't believe me. As for the coloring: last time I looked, the UAE was not TA'd to Africa.

- Guarda changed hands for a third time, so Spain and Portugal realy going for it.

- Poland seems almost assimilated. With Hungary DWín on Turkey it will be crowded over there.

- With the fall of xAlcdal the Scandinavion front seems to be turning.

Well not sure if this qualifies as propaganda or not but it appears that both the Red and Green alliance are confused. They had that whole misunderstanding with Poland where they successfully cut off the Sponge. But somehow they both came under the the impression that Switzerland was the key to control of Europe. Was it the money in those bank accounts or was it the limitless chocolate resources that Switzerland produces. Whatever the motivation they both have moved as fast as they can into the rugged terrain. Who will reap the rewards and who will be cut off? Green got off to a fast start in the race but they have been foiled in their expansion attempt by some quick moves by Red. Guess they will just have to expand elsewhere. Will the sponge be taking baths in the Chocolate after having beat Green to the prize? Have fun, Rick

So we offered red a fair deal to both alliances to join and fight green together... They declined saying they were too committed to fighting us... No problem I say to each his own...

Now several turns later red decides they want to renegotiate

Their offer to us is they get switz and northern france or else they say they will make a deal with green... They say they would rather do a deal with us because they say they don't trust a deal with green because they are too ambitious...

Our group doesn't want or need a deal with red or anyone else that isn't fair..

We will fight to the last city under those demands!

• 2 weeks later...

New Map:

victory-map-diplomacy-95t15.png

- Adjusted the color of the UAE to reflect that it is now TA'd to the Africans, (As of this turn). That allowed for a simplification of the war map in the upper right corner

- Poland seems to be gone and the world holds its breath which way Hungary will turn.

- Saudi Arabia however keeps up the good spirit for another round of naval conflict and a relief effort for xRiyadh.

- Just 2 more turns for the T-34A Fear, angst and anticipation.