Game 79

Glamdring

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shut up! :D Only I am allowed to speak to myself :D

Dear Spongebob,

Thanks for the reply, even from a former player. You see you did confirm my thoughts: there are no real enemies left in this game.

And that what Mr.X does to me, killing 3 divs in one blow...well shi...now I have to build up my complete army in the north of Spain all over again. And my poor ships, 3 AD's also destroyed in one single decastating blow...my complete plans for an invasion...gone.

What can I do against such a great defence...I will call my TA's or no I will do it myself...I will retreat, back to Paris.

Greetings Rednas Ruler of France and soon giving up all the territories conquerred in Spain....yeh think about that. Greetings to all the left overs...where ever they are and whatever the are doing.

For the people whining about other people dropping out: Maybe you should try to start the game without 3 or 4 TAs already set in stone. It would give other players who entered the game alone or with only 1 friend a chance too. This game was decided before it started, because of the 2 big alliance formed before the fighting even started. I guess Norway and myself played a small role in deciding the outcome by removing Finland from the equation, and giving N-Russia enough trouble to keep him occupied. But since the 2 big alliances avoided confrontations early in the game, and decided to finish off the single players or small alliances first, now there is no one left to play with. Jeez.... now there's a big surprise.... :D

For the people whining about other people dropping out: Maybe you should try to start the game without 3 or 4 TAs already set in stone. It would give other players who entered the game alone or with only 1 friend a chance too. This game was decided before it started, because of the 2 big alliance formed before the fighting even started. I guess Norway and myself played a small role in deciding the outcome by removing Finland from the equation, and giving N-Russia enough trouble to keep him occupied. But since the 2 big alliances avoided confrontations early in the game, and decided to finish off the single players or small alliances first, now there is no one left to play with. Jeez.... now there's a big surprise.... :D

Have you ever think about the possibility that the war with NR was a mistake? To stop alliances you have to form one by your own. Most people miss the moment where they have to stop the war to include a possible enemy into their own alliance. I made this mistake in game 78. The game is not only decided at the battle field, sometimes the diplomatic channels are much more important.

The Monk

Have you ever think about the possibility that the war with NR was a mistake? To stop alliances you have to form one by your own. Most people miss the moment where they have to stop the war to include a possible enemy into their own alliance. I made this mistake in game 78. The game is not only decided at the battle field, sometimes the diplomatic channels are much more important.

The Monk

Hamish, you are a decent fellow, but in this case Monk is correct. You and I negotiated for peace, and were both willing. But my price for peace was for you to pull out of the war with Finland, and you refused. Had you done that, all in this game would be different.

The Monk

Hamish, you are a decent fellow, but in this case Monk is correct. You and I negotiated for peace, and were both willing. But my price for peace was for you to pull out of the war with Finland, and you refused. Had you done that, all in this game would be different.

Well about that..... Didn't want to tell you at the time, but both Norway and myself had German tech in this game. So we did not really have any other option than to attack Finland and N-Russia. In hindsight it may have been fun to try an amphibious game with German units, but we just came out of game #73 where we were the US and Canada, so we were a bit fed up with navy operations. :D

And I'm not complaining! We had a very good battle with Finland and Norway, and in my book this game goes down as a victory. I achieved my goal of conquering xHelsinki. It's just a shame C-Russia did/could not put up a better fight against S-Russia, then we would have had more time.

For the people whining about other people dropping out: Maybe you should try to start the game without 3 or 4 TAs already set in stone. It would give other players who entered the game alone or with only 1 friend a chance too. This game was decided before it started, because of the 2 big alliance formed before the fighting even started. I guess Norway and myself played a small role in deciding the outcome by removing Finland from the equation, and giving N-Russia enough trouble to keep him occupied. But since the 2 big alliances avoided confrontations early in the game, and decided to finish off the single players or small alliances first, now there is no one left to play with. Jeez.... now there's a big surprise.... :beer:

The Monk

Mr. X(it),

Well, well, presenting himself here as a (good) negotiator. Well we can negotiate about a decent going down for GB if you wish, but hurry up otherwise there is nothing you can negotiate about. But I will not be angry if you don’t, I or we will crush you and your allies anyway.

At the beginning of the game we also did propose you our co-operation Mr. X, but you refused, thought you could overrun us with your eastern “friends”. But those friends did make some strange choices, those I would call mistakes. But we all do, don’t we Mr.X? Jjust look were you and your allies are now. Yes correct still in the game, polishing up our points…thanks for that.

And what was your policy back in VIC76…the same I reckon, killing me okay you had some little help, just 4 other allies, but it was a good fight I put up. It didn’t last but okay, my allies were occupied somewhere else. And in VIC84 my allies were to far away from the outset of the game…so that also can happen, even if you set up with friends, the so called team set up.

So about these big alliances at the beginning: everyone has the same changes, so if you don’t have any friends, than make some and make them quick. And yes diplomacy is the key word here. But I have to admit, for newcomers it is a tough thing to play this game and survive it without friends and than also without knowledge of the game…but than again some “experience” players also do display there “difficulties” to stay in the game, long enough.

Greetings Rednas Ruler of Greater France, every turn more and more…those beaches are a feast for my troops and wow I can see Gibraltar…the Rock occupied by monkeys.

For the people whining about other people dropping out: Maybe you should try to start the game without 3 or 4 TAs already set in stone. It would give other players who entered the game alone or with only 1 friend a chance too. This game was decided before it started, because of the 2 big alliance formed before the fighting even started. I guess Norway and myself played a small role in deciding the outcome by removing Finland from the equation, and giving N-Russia enough trouble to keep him occupied. But since the 2 big alliances avoided confrontations early in the game, and decided to finish off the single players or small alliances first, now there is no one left to play with. Jeez.... now there's a big surprise.... :beer:

The Monk

Mr. X(it),

Well, well, presenting himself here as a (good) negotiator. Well we can negotiate about a decent going down for GB if you wish, but hurry up otherwise there is nothing you can negotiate about. But I will not be angry if you don’t, I or we will crush you and your allies anyway.

At the beginning of the game we also did propose you our co-operation Mr. X, but you refused, thought you could overrun us with your eastern “friends”. But those friends did make some strange choices, those I would call mistakes. But we all do, don’t we Mr.X? Jjust look were you and your allies are now. Yes correct still in the game, polishing up our points…thanks for that.

And what was your policy back in VIC76…the same I reckon, killing me okay you had some little help, just 4 other allies, but it was a good fight I put up. It didn’t last but okay, my allies were occupied somewhere else. And in VIC84 my allies were to far away from the outset of the game…so that also can happen, even if you set up with friends, the so called team set up.

So about these big alliances at the beginning: everyone has the same changes, so if you don’t have any friends, than make some and make them quick. And yes diplomacy is the key word here. But I have to admit, for newcomers it is a tough thing to play this game and survive it without friends and than also without knowledge of the game…but than again some “experience” players also do display there “difficulties” to stay in the game, long enough.

Greetings Rednas Ruler of Greater France, every turn more and more…those beaches are a feast for my troops and wow I can see Gibraltar…the Rock occupied by monkeys.

Uh, Rednas, that is a bald faced lie. I usually don't respond to your bs, because I know it is just that, but I never said I wanted to fight, or did not wish to be allies with you. I also did not start the war with you, it was the other way around.

The Monk

Mr. X(it),

Uh, Rednas, that is a bald faced lie. I usually don't respond to your bs, because I know it is just that, but I never said I wanted to fight, or did not wish to be allies with you. I also did not start the war with you, it was the other way around.

Mr X(pired),

BS?? Well the wning you do is much better...this is enjoying me totally. Oh did I misunderstood your approach to us at the beginning of the game? Well, I am glad about that, because with you and your allies we certainly did not stand a glimps of a chance...and that I can confirm, regarding youre playing...style?? Whatever that is "bs" to me, but keep our scoring up. Thanks for that.

And if you think by capturing xCalais that I would be satisfied with that and would "ask" you to please, please give it back...man you are so out of place here. Is this you diplomacy to get to some TA's. I wish you all the luck and much of endurance and please keep building those planes, they look soooo nice at our scoring list...just wunderful. Thanks a lot, nice "gaming".

So and now I will concentrate myself on those Spanish beaches...that soon all will be mine. Or do you Mr. X will do something about that?? Good luck with your adventures in Norway, Sweden, Denmark or wherever, real important places to have...

Greetings Rednas Ruler of Spain...oh no France of course, Spain will follow and than Faroer and my beloved Gotland and than...swimming up the Thames, that would be nice.

• 2 weeks later...

For the people whining about other people dropping out: Maybe you should try to start the game without 3 or 4 TAs already set in stone. It would give other players who entered the game alone or with only 1 friend a chance too. This game was decided before it started, because of the 2 big alliance formed before the fighting even started. I guess Norway and myself played a small role in deciding the outcome by removing Finland from the equation, and giving N-Russia enough trouble to keep him occupied. But since the 2 big alliances avoided confrontations early in the game, and decided to finish off the single players or small alliances first, now there is no one left to play with. Jeez.... now there's a big surprise.... :)

The Monk

Mr. X(it),

Mr. X(it),

Yes you are so right...again. Yes you maybe said you don't want to fight, and I have to agree you are doing very well here...you displaying every turn you are not fighting. Okay you are ferrying some boats, at least those which are still afloat, through the English...no...French Channel and loosing some in your harbours, youre planes I don't have seen flying lately. But maybe I see them when I run over some air base in GB...soon at least. But first let me eliminate your compadre in Spain, be patience my friend, I will be back. Hasta la Vista baby.

Greetings Rednas of growing every turn bigger Spain.

Okay, I have "lost" a French bathing resort...but that will be cleaned soon. Nice move though.

I, we are really enjoying it guys that you put up this fight, respect. Thanks for playing. Keeps the game interesting.

And here some more BS from France,

BTW BS also stands for "British Standard", but just a remark...

Yes, well I did place 18 crosses in xBilbao and soon 13 more in xSantander. I can imagine there is some bad atmosphere in the houses of Spain and GB, but soon other houses will follow.

Yes I am talking BS again...but I like it. And the game will be decided not on this forum but on the battlefield so we have to see and wait, I mean you have to see and wait. I, we, are working on a plan you know, to get...no just wait and see.

Greetings from Rednas Ruler of France and soon Spain, Portugal, Gotland and Bornholm and mybe some other interesting places. GB get the tea ready I will sitting in your tearoom pritty soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Left Overs,

Okay, than I will comment myself, that is something I do like the most....this is really a yawn game on the forum...my God.

Status: I had a good old fashioned beat up turn, man that was good. Okay lost some home territory more, but about that I don't care, nothing important conquerred yet. But man lots of planes I should from the sky, and ships and some troops. This was good.

So, I am heading to the Spanish Beach, oh no I mean those in Portugal. But first place some more crosses in xSantander.

But please don't attack me in France, I cannot defend all my beaches...panic!! Now I have to unload all my troops that were heading for Liverpool...

Greetings Rednas Ruler of France and soon more, more, more.