Rolling Thunder Forums

Game 79

Glamdring

Dear Left Overs,

It is quit on all fronts, if you base your feeling on the forum. Maybe some countries are so busy with all kinds of preparations...that the forum is completely forgotten. Or...maybe "they" are all afraid to say something to much on this forum that can reveal there obscure plans.

Well for me personally: I will invade North Russia soon, Poland already eliminated, Baltic is I think also a goner, Hungary almost conquered. Central Europe is mine…and a few others of course.

So I will meet or already meeting other nations. The plan is to intensify the acquaintances in one way or another, with all parties who are interested to meet my powerful right handshake…just in one way.

So I will be soon writing you all some postcards from new conquered sand beaches at the Baltic Sea or Tunisia, Algeria, Morocco, Turkey or even Denmark. But there are some more, like Britain, but there it is always raining ehmm I will find my spot(s).

Greetings Rednas, Ruler of continuously expanding Greater France.

You haven't finished off Hungary yet? What is taking so darn long? I dropped 5 or 6+ turns ago. It was even longer than that is you forget about the turns I processed to cede locations and move resources to an ally. More like 8-9 turns ago.

Yes I know I am a terrible player, of course not so good as you...in dropping out. One or two attacks and you are a goner. The bottom line is, I am still in and you are out.

Goodbye and for you it is indeed back to earth.

Greeting Rednas Ruler of Greater France and also Hungary.

Thanks for the boast in confidence! :wub:

I could not afford 3 games....had to make a choice. Decided to stick with Greece77 (endgame is upon us, last 15 turns are here) and game 82, the advanced start game, over game 79. The allies (not TA's) in 79 were slow to act with us and I did not want to wait to see if the counter attacks would work or even ever happen. Sorry I could not stick around and fight it out until the bitter end. Based on the current banter, it looks to me as if the attack on you never happened. I hope you go a long way in the game. Good Luck!

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear Left Overs,

It is quit on all fronts, if you base your feeling on the forum. Maybe some countries are so busy with all kinds of preparations...that the forum is completely forgotten. Or...maybe "they" are all afraid to say something to much on this forum that can reveal there obscure plans.

Well for me personally: I will invade North Russia soon, Poland already eliminated, Baltic is I think also a goner, Hungary almost conquered. Central Europe is mine…and a few others of course.

So I will meet or already meeting other nations. The plan is to intensify the acquaintances in one way or another, with all parties who are interested to meet my powerful right handshake…just in one way.

So I will be soon writing you all some postcards from new conquered sand beaches at the Baltic Sea or Tunisia, Algeria, Morocco, Turkey or even Denmark. But there are some more, like Britain, but there it is always raining ehmm I will find my spot(s).

Greetings Rednas, Ruler of continuously expanding Greater France.

You haven't finished off Hungary yet? What is taking so darn long? I dropped 5 or 6+ turns ago. It was even longer than that is you forget about the turns I processed to cede locations and move resources to an ally. More like 8-9 turns ago.

Yes I know I am a terrible player, of course not so good as you...in dropping out. One or two attacks and you are a goner. The bottom line is, I am still in and you are out.

Goodbye and for you it is indeed back to earth.

Greeting Rednas Ruler of Greater France and also Hungary.

Thanks for the boast in confidence! :wub:

I could not afford 3 games....had to make a choice. Decided to stick with Greece77 (endgame is upon us, last 15 turns are here) and game 82, the advanced start game, over game 79. The allies (not TA's) in 79 were slow to act with us and I did not want to wait to see if the counter attacks would work or even ever happen. Sorry I could not stick around and fight it out until the bitter end. Based on the current banter, it looks to me as if the attack on you never happened. I hope you go a long way in the game. Good Luck!

No thanks at all...was it my purpose anyway? To be honest I like players who will stick till it is not playable anymore. For signing up in 3 games you should have made this consideration can I afford 3 games or not before the game started. Now allies, TA's or not, are depending on you and then...you dropped. Personally I play only once with this kind of players and if they pull this trick I never play again. It is still a game that is correct but the costs are at such a level that a lot of real money is involved for everybody that you cannot drop so easily. But that is my strict opinion.

Yes your allies (who were they anyway) did not react at all and when they did the reacted not coordinated. We picked them out one after the other and one. We were better organized, maybe not that stronger, just better organized and coordinated. Well see what happen next, there are more countries that don’t like us...I wonder why? Do I? Not really. So for the moment we have plenty of opportunities to boost our points and fight as much as we wanted. I hope they keep on going on like we do.

Good gaming in those others games and maybe we cross each others paths in the future once more.

Greetings Rednas.

• 3 weeks later...

The discussion to drop was done with my TA's as a whole before game 82 started. When 82 became available, we decided as a group to enter 82 and leave 79. One player tried to play on for a few turns, but eventually gave up.

Your team played well and did a good job of coordinating. That does not mean that we did not. Your positions were more solidified due to your gains in Germany and Switzerland along with the our loss of Austria early on to a RL issue. Once Austria was a blank who offered no resistance, we were in trouble.

With my troops in Southern Yugo ready to attack Greece, it took me a while to turn around and make my way back towards Italy and Austria. I got there too late. You were ready for me and I was out numbered. Simple #'s....you lost less than I did in your initial fight and your production increase was far better than the increase I had in Yugo.

If we cross in a future game, it is nice to already know that you will not work with me. I'll try not to waste you time with any offers or contact. I'll know to look to other neighbors for my diplomatic options.

No thanks at all...was it my purpose anyway? To be honest I like players who will stick till it is not playable anymore. For signing up in 3 games you should have made this consideration can I afford 3 games or not before the game started. Now allies, TA's or not, are depending on you and then...you dropped. Personally I play only once with this kind of players and if they pull this trick I never play again. It is still a game that is correct but the costs are at such a level that a lot of real money is involved for everybody that you cannot drop so easily. But that is my strict opinion.

Yes your allies (who were they anyway) did not react at all and when they did the reacted not coordinated. We picked them out one after the other and one. We were better organized, maybe not that stronger, just better organized and coordinated. Well see what happen next, there are more countries that don’t like us...I wonder why? Do I? Not really. So for the moment we have plenty of opportunities to boost our points and fight as much as we wanted. I hope they keep on going on like we do.

Good gaming in those others games and maybe we cross each others paths in the future once more.

Greetings Rednas.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, the game has been dormant for quite some time, but seems to be heating up. Norway, I am sorry to have to kill you, as you are a decent fellow and a solid player, but we talked about this 25 turns ago, and you knew the consequences when you attacked my TA's.

France, what are you doing? Is it to be war between us? If so, the eastern fellows will be quite happy, as you will need to strip that front. You will get your wish with me, as I will not drop when I lose a battle, that I promise.

Well, the game has been dormant for quite some time, but seems to be heating up. Norway, I am sorry to have to kill you, as you are a decent fellow and a solid player, but we talked about this 25 turns ago, and you knew the consequences when you attacked my TA's.

France, what are you doing? Is it to be war between us? If so, the eastern fellows will be quite happy, as you will need to strip that front. You will get your wish with me, as I will not drop when I lose a battle, that I promise.

Dear Mr. Xit,

War, who is talking about war? Just broke our NAP. My question: why didn't Ireland accept my NAP setting out for the last 15 turns? Can I understand it as a war message to?? And personally I don't like it if Ireland is cruising through the MED and most of all is attacking my TA...you can and will probably understand that.

So and to what eastern fellows you are referring to: Poland, Rumania, Bulgaria, Greece, Yugoslavia, Hungary, Central Russia and Baltic States? Well those are all gone, conquered, dropped due to circumstances…enforced by us. Or are you referring to those others like North Russia and Finland well to be honest they do not impress me a bit. You “warned” us before in the game for those guys from the east…well I am still waiting to meet them.

I don’t think you will loose a battle IF it comes to war with me….maybe you will loose a few more…or even the war. But please, don’t be afraid, I am not afraid….

Greetings Rednas Ruler of France.

Frankly, I had no idea who was still playing in the east. I only knew you had been fighting in that direction. As for fearing war with France, you dramatically overrate your scariness. I have avoided war with France for the simple reason that we had talked and I agreed to do so. I have played enough to know that you can't make an omelette without breaking a few eggs, so a few lost battles will not bother me in the least. Dark Monk, what are you doing now that I killed Sponge for you in this game?

The pieces have been set since the game started, there were no other options. :beer:

Given the odds.. its likely you will eventually succeed in defeating me, i'm stretched out over too long a distance, but it was a fun gamble.

However dont think i'll go down without making you bleed for every inch of territory. :beer:

Frankly, I had no idea who was still playing in the east. I only knew you had been fighting in that direction. As for fearing war with France, you dramatically overrate your scariness. I have avoided war with France for the simple reason that we had talked and I agreed to do so. I have played enough to know that you can't make an omelette without breaking a few eggs, so a few lost battles will not bother me in the least. Dark Monk, what are you doing now that I killed Sponge for you in this game?

Dear Xit,

Okay than I am not scared and good luck with your eggs or should I write b.lls

Greetings Rednas.

At least he's got a pair ;)

Maybe...but yours are square I bet.

• 2 weeks later...

The pieces have been set since the game started, there were no other options. ;)

Given the odds.. its likely you will eventually succeed in defeating me, i'm stretched out over too long a distance, but it was a fun gamble.

However dont think i'll go down without making you bleed for every inch of territory. :ranting:

I have no doubt that I will suffer losses, especially since the Swede's will be right there with you, but that is ok, you will not be able to kick me out, and hold what you have taken in Finland and Northern Russia. In fact, I do not believe you will even be able to kick me out.

so far i'm having a great time, there's nothing like a good fight..

You can say that again!

So thanks Turkey, Libya and Algeria for all the units that come in my way. :P

And not to forget the planes, it's really a lovely sight to see them crossing above my territory.