Rolling Thunder Forums

Game 79

Glamdring

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear Monk!! My good friend and fellow SNII player...I can understand your deep hurt and dismay at the untimely demise of the evil sponge.....brings up such lovely memories....The Mists of Avalon , remember him in Draconis?...don't you think it is time?....SN awaits you with open arms....a game that might actually outlast a normal human's lifespan! Join us , my friend......I miss Death Machines: :beer:

LOL I know if it was not so ridiculus it would make me cry

I think this is the final straw - No more victory for me. I think i should stick to Snap or Checkers.

I'm going to give victory a break for a while, its been fun with all of you but i need to re-charge my batteries and not being in any other games means this is the ideal time for a break.

CYA

Sponge,

Just read the manual, understand the rules an PLAN PLAN PLAN ahead. Play one game at 100%. Accept the fact that Vic! takes a LOT of work and you will be rewarded by a long game and many great battles. Even if you loose.

Take care,

Von Manstein

LOL I know if it was not so ridiculus it would make me cry

I think this is the final straw - No more victory for me. I think i should stick to Snap or Checkers.

I'm going to give victory a break for a while, its been fun with all of you but i need to re-charge my batteries and not being in any other games means this is the ideal time for a break.

CYA

Sponge,

Just read the manual, understand the rules an PLAN PLAN PLAN ahead. Play one game at 100%. Accept the fact that Vic! takes a LOT of work and you will be rewarded by a long game and many great battles. Even if you loose.

Take care,

Von Manstein

Dear Mannie,

Your in the wrong game aren't you? Wasn't von Manstein who wrote that book or is famous for following sentence: vorwärts Kamaraden wir müssen zurück--translated something like this: forward (or march) comrades we have to go back.

Greetings Rednas Ruler of France

Guest Spongebob

Yes I have been in battles in this game did have some success in Europe messing up the German countryside but having a huge army is no good if you cant feed it. I got the home front into a downward spiral of no money and negative moral, It seems that even if i do get far into a game I end up dead. How the hell do you balance the books.

Serious question.... Errm elsewhere....

Yes I have been in battles in this game did have some success in Europe messing up the German countryside but having a huge army is no good if you cant feed it. I got the home front into a downward spiral of no money and negative moral, It seems that even if i do get far into a game I end up dead. How the hell do you balance the books.

Serious question.... Errm elsewhere....

Winning fixes everything. More money, more resources, fewer enemies...

• 2 weeks later...

I thought I'd never say this, but I kind of miss SpongeBob. At least he gave me something to read on this game.

Norway, where are you? Are you done illegally hunting seals in my northern provinces? Am I going to have to evict you now? You're starting to get the locals riled up. Apparently the locals are haviing a hard time finding food now.

Please feed the people in xPovenets. I want my cities to stay in good shape while you borrow them. I fully expect my population to be safe and in tact when you give it back.

I thought I'd never say this, but I kind of miss SpongeBob. At least he gave me something to read on this game.

Norway, where are you? Are you done illegally hunting seals in my northern provinces? Am I going to have to evict you now? You're starting to get the locals riled up. Apparently the locals are haviing a hard time finding food now.

Please feed the people in xPovenets. I want my cities to stay in good shape while you borrow them. I fully expect my population to be safe and in tact when you give it back.

Dear cutehunter,

So...are we on giving turns?? I thought the two of you were at war? Well if this is the kind of war NR is playing, very good. Please can I be your friend also and you give me......ehmmmm....xLeningrad to start with.

Well meet you soon...in xLeningrad one way or the other. I take the one way you can take the other.

Greetings Rednas Ruler of France and some other countries.

Dear cutehunter,

So...are we on giving turns?? I thought the two of you were at war? Well if this is the kind of war NR is playing, very good. Please can I be your friend also and you give me......ehmmmm....xLeningrad to start with.

Well meet you soon...in xLeningrad one way or the other. I take the one way you can take the other.

Make no mistake, there is a price to be paid for Norway's behavior. Of course, he will lose his armies and his air force if they don't fly away before I can get them. Additionally, I will have no choice but to confiscate xKautokeino and xNarvik. Perhaps I will also take xOslo, but I think Finland will beat me there.

As for Leningrad, you are welcome to attempt a visit as I hear the French make good chefs and excellent prisoners. I will need some slave labor to work the mines in northern Norway.

Dear cutehunter,

Make no mistake, there is a price to be paid for Norway's behavior. Of course, he will lose his armies and his air force if they don't fly away before I can get them. Additionally, I will have no choice but to confiscate xKautokeino and xNarvik. Perhaps I will also take xOslo, but I think Finland will beat me there.

As for Leningrad, you are welcome to attempt a visit as I hear the French make good chefs and excellent prisoners. I will need some slave labor to work the mines in northern Norway.

Mistakes? Me?, Well there was your first one....

That wasn't an attempt to get a inventation from you...I will come as I see fit and mostly without this official stuff. I see a lot of perhaps in your writing. And good chefs are we, also on the battlefield and at the time I am done...you have no northern Norway anymore. But I can offer you job if you want to then.

See you in the Baltic States......

Greetings Rednas Ruler of France and soon more in Central Europe.

You go Algeria, show Italy whats whats...

Dear Njal,

Please don't make Algeria mad now...these punches at the coast of Italy, they did hurt for sure. The landscape of those provinces is now full of craters and the bunkers need to be building up again. And of course the self esteem of Algeria must been hurt definitely...to send in such a big huge enormous armada...huuuuuuuuuh. At least I got scared. I will now breakdown all me factories in the harbor cities, dislodge me planes and go on a all out defense.

Algeria welcome to you and all your arm, air and most of all your ship points. Will look nice on Italy’s scoring list. Victory assured. But not me, I will crawl under the table, because I am fighting alllllllllllllll the way in the North, planning the invasion of North Russia, I have an appointment there, or better NR has an appointment with me, I will order him to come on his knees in xLeningrad (I must sound confident, else nobody believes me…).

Well I see till now no need to defend myself against Algeria, that is something between Italy and Algeria.

Greetings Rednas Ruler of France and soon other parts in Central and of course North Europa / Asia I mean xLeningrad and beyond. May the force be with me…oh well I can do without I have me, myself and I and some buddies. Tootles.

And to All of You have a Nice Eastern

You go Algeria, show Italy whats whats...

Greetings Rednas Ruler of France and soon other parts in Central and of course North Europa / Asia I mean xLeningrad and beyond. May the force be with me…oh well I can do without I have me, myself and I and some buddies. Tootles.

Leningrad? Wonderful! Now you are in range of my ground troops.

The Monk