Rolling Thunder Forums

W.A.P.A.

Sakarissa

I live in a country that has fought oppression seemingly since time began. At times we have taken on incredible odds because we refused to " look the other way ". We have always done what we felt was right and just, rather than what we thought was sensible - where are those French? Then we watch films of it replayed on television and find out it wasn't us at all but you Yanks who saved the free world!

*ahem*

George I and Taxation without Representation.

Henry VIII and Anne Boleyn.

Edward I and Scotland.

No, our gov't isn't perfect, but yours hasn't always been "right and just" either.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pirate Code?  No, it's more like a set of guidelines. 

Ya knows ya can't be havin no code.  Why, if there was a code, then every dang being in the universe would be usin the code gainst ye.  They'd slow you down by sending diplomats to "parlay".  It'd be parlay after parlay until you become so used to it, ya would be drinkin tea instead of rum and extending ya pinky finger like some fine gentleman.   

So, ya think I'm daft?  Look at the GS.  It started with some folks gettin together to set some rules to interact with, some codes.  And from that it grew into a senate with secrataries and bills and all that civilized stuff.  Any code would be same, just the first step on the short road to bein civilized.  Soon, other Pirates would be suggesin changes in the code.  Maybe add something to protect them lovely parrots.  Add some code on the size of Pirate flags.  And before ya knows it, ya is electin representatives to a Pirate Congress where they would be discussin things like ... taxes (shudder). 

So ya should be saying "Bah" on those who think there is a code.  Guidelines maybe.  But the next person who mentions any code should be keelhauled and sent to visit Davy.

Yes, there is a pirate Code, but we do not go writting it down, easier to change that way, well more like a set of guidelines.

:ranting:

Alcorn the Honored One :ranting:

I live in a country that has fought oppression seemingly since time began. At times we have taken on incredible odds because we refused to " look the other way ". We have always done what we felt was right and just, rather than what we thought was sensible - where are those French? Then we watch films of it replayed on television and find out it wasn't us at all but you Yanks who saved the free world!

As far as I am concerned allied actions in Iraq saved a country and we should all be proud.

As for my Empire I won't tolerate oppression. Rumours that I have several thousand personal slaves that I flog every day are way off the mark. ( Personal note new whips required)

I'll have a drink with you anytime :blink:

If you are talking about England, now you are talking. A Yank.

*tranmission fades in*

Warlord Slish sits behind his desk reading a datapad. Minion #1 is waiting patiently.

"Hmmmm, Captain 4 of 340 should be commended on the response time and targeting skills of his weapons crews. The Faerie Empire fleet scout didn't stand a chance. They probably didn't realize what happened. This should prove to them that the Zeresh system is claimed by the Tentacled Horrors From Beyond. See to the commendation Minion #1."

"At once sir."

*transmision fades out*

(OOC) While completely one-sided, it was pretty cool getting a real battle report. I didn't see any of the new juicy goodness that Pete mentioned but the flavor text of the battle was kinda cool.

A Tentacled Horrors From Beyond Piranha materializes in the Zeresh star system and promptly vaporizes a Faerie Empire Fleet Scout.

Unquote

Warlord Slish

Would he Ruler of the Faerie *snicker* Empire please contact me? I need to discuss with this being the reimbursement of the weapons rounds I fired into his fleet scout. Blowing your fleet scout from space wasn't worth the ammunition used. I demand restitution!

Warlord Slish

Would he Ruler of the Faerie *snicker* Empire please contact me? I need to discuss with this being the reimbursement of the weapons rounds I fired into his fleet scout. Blowing your fleet scout from space wasn't worth the ammunition used. I demand restitution!

Warlord Slish

What kind of stuff did you salvage from this great victory.

:D

*transmission fades in*

It seems that the weapon crews were exceptionally sharp and very accurate. The enemy fleet scout simply ceased to exist after the sheer intensity of the weapons hits that pummelled the enemy vessel. The captain of the Piranha reports they only saw the emblem on the ship before firing commenced. It was a "Green four leaf clover on a yellow background." My weapons crews were a little more energetic about following the Zulu encounter orders than I anticipated. *several tentacles wrap around each other* Excellent!

*transmission fades out*

IC: The Everlasting Spawn would like to extend condolences to the victim's family of the Faerie Empire

OOC:

Blowing your fleet scout from space wasn't worth the ammunition used. I demand restitution!

You're an evil bastard, Slish :lol: I always enjoy reading your posts :ph34r: