Rolling Thunder Forums

W.A.P.A.

Sakarissa

Turok-

Was it Voltaire who said something like:

"I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'd die fighting for your right to say it" ?

:D

You have a pretty solid read on me, BTW :cheers:

Seriously though - I'm not sure how the Senate would react if one of you warmongers showed up to fight. I imagine Bylaws would be proposed, seconded and passed by comfortable margins to 'aid' the afflicted Senator.....but.....as Kurrasier mentions....most of the Senate is isolated form each other entirely at this stage! Not sure how effective the GS would be at defending each other right now.

Man, this universe is huge....you should see my 3-D mapping program....the liklihood the Senate will ever have a quadrant of space that is fully controlled by the Senate is remote....unless of course, EVERYONE joins the Senate. :D

Oh and I agree - Kurassier is not one to be underestimated.

He who controls the 'Spice' (ie libations), controls the Universe, right? :cheers:

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kurassier you are so devious I swear you are on the wrong side. I have sent out orders to all fleets that any refreshment delivery vehicles be destroyed on sight. One day we will meet and I hope you will have the decency to fight with honour. I am sure you will find the word honour in the GS dictionary, probably somewhere between helpless and hopeless

Hey, just protecting my investments!!

You mean you would deprive your minions of the wonderful libations of the HBOB???? :cheers: Tsk, tsk! I certainly hope word of this doesn't spread among your fleets! Moral would plummet!!! :D

Oh, and as for honor, I have plenty of it, but when it comes to war I fight with bigger and better guns.

And finally, I'm not aware that the Galactic Senate has a dictionary. :D

See you, out there. :cheers:

Senators with a sense of humour? What is the universe coming to? Always good to hear from you guys.

Do you ever get the feeling this game may have a nasty sting in the tail? Could there be something worse than WHAPO living amongst the stars just waiting to pounce. I predict that some time in the future, after a Senate - WHAPO war we will need to join forces to survive. There's something out there and it's coming!

I am sure you will find the word honour in the GS dictionary, probably somewhere between helpless and hopeless

And finally, I'm not aware that the Galactic Senate has a dictionary.

I'm sure someone will now propose a bill standardising "Galactic Common" and the officially sanctioned dictionary to accompany it!

Eternus :D

I am a bit puzzled. You say the Senate is open to all, and indeed imply that you wish all Empires would join. Are you honestly saying that you and your fellow Senators would welcome me and any fellow warmongers? Would you provide us with voting rights? If we voted Mad Martin as leader of the Senate would you allow it? I think not my friend. Talk is cheap: action speaks louder than words. We at WHAPO do not talk much but our actions will be quick and severe.

Watch the stars carefully all you members of the Senate for the WHAPO are on their way. Sleep lightly and don't let those meetings drag on too long! :D

Hello Turok,

Speaking for ourselves: you are welcome to join the Senate, ofcourse under the condition that you comply to the rules, including voting rights.

But maybe you don't want to be a member of any group that allows you to be a member? ;-)

Kind regards,

Turok

I encourage all of you 'warmongers' to join :thumbsup:

I think that a supreme ruler bylaw amendment would require 2/3 vote to change the charter and if MMB wanted to run for president or whatever, no problemo :D

The Senate is not political for me - honest! (My political loyalties are with my neighbors) At present , I enjoy watching it evolve and tally the votes and stuff. :cheers:

BTW - MMB is already a member of the Senate through his Colony position (ie Queen Mother)

Turok

I encourage all of you 'warmongers' to join :thumbsup:

I think that a supreme ruler bylaw amendment would require 2/3 vote to change the charter and if MMB wanted to run for president or whatever, no problemo :D

The Senate is not political for me - honest! (My political loyalties are with my neighbors) At present , I enjoy watching it evolve and tally the votes and stuff. :cheers:

BTW - MMB is already a member of the Senate through his Colony position (ie Queen Mother)

Of course as soon as us pirates, or warmongers, attack someone, we will be thrown out of the GS. Our names deleted from the GS empire list. All our votes, removed from the records, thereby denying we were ever members. So how can I take your offer to join seriously. The GS bylaws, all are passing at this time, certainly show a lack of interest in all view points.

That is Why WHAPO is here. I am more than willing to defend to the death our right to be Warmongers, Heathens, and Pirates!!! WHAPO!

:cheers:

BTW, the group name, which is currently members, can be changed by asking pete to change it. SO, us Whapo members could change our group name to Pirates of the Caribbean, like MMB suggested or we could use Warmongers, Heathens, and Pirates Organization. Anyone interested in doing either of the above?

:D

I think WHAPO is a good name for us. I see Mad Martin as our natural leader (if he exists!) but if we call ourselves Pirates of the Caribbean we may alienate Empires who, although sharing our basic philosophy, do not consider themselves piates.

Our group should be open to all like thinking Empires, and they should all be encouraged to join :(