Rolling Thunder Forums

W.A.P.A.

Sakarissa

Turok :P

Perhaps a little clarification on what the GS is (at least in my mind)

As a member of the GS, I don't really view the universe as "GS" v. everybody else. I have my own local allegiances to non-GS members and I don't view non-GS members as hostile.

The GS is nothing more than a political body at this juncture. We have started talks about mutual defenses...but I foresee that the GS will be a forum to help form basic guidelines for members to facilitate trade and establish territory.

The Charter even contemplates that war between Galactic Senate members is possible.

We aren't a mega alliance...but...if you want to presume as much and target the GS for destruction - go for it! :drunk: I certainly understand the need to have targets in such a long term game (plus it adds spice in between turn cycles and I don't mind /stirring back to those who choose to make me a target...I laugh my azz off usually when I read the boards and its fun)

The GS has not targeted anyone to gang up on.

Ideally, everyone would join the Senate -- especially empires that hate each other :lol: It adds another layer of politics and enables the independent players to participate in a community settings (much like your WHAPO :drunk: ) Oddly, others view the GS as a forum to gripe about rule changes. I haven't seen anyone remotely lobby for such things through the GS.

In any event, good luck with WHAPO. Whilst you might make the Senate a target...realize that many in the Senate may be apathetic or indifferent to such threats.

Good gaming :P

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Turok :cheers:

Perhaps a little clarification on what the GS is (at least in my mind)

As a member of the GS, I don't really view the universe as "GS" v. everybody else. I have my own local allegiances to non-GS members and I don't view non-GS members as hostile.

The GS is nothing more than a political body at this juncture. We have started talks about mutual defenses...but I foresee that the GS will be a forum to help form basic guidelines for members to facilitate trade and establish territory.

The Charter even contemplates that war between Galactic Senate members is possible.

We aren't a mega alliance...but...if you want to presume as much and target the GS for destruction - go for it! :thumbsup: I certainly understand the need to have targets in such a long term game (plus it adds spice in between turn cycles and I don't mind /stirring back to those who choose to make me a target...I laugh my azz off usually when I read the boards and its fun)

The GS has not targeted anyone to gang up on.

Ideally, everyone would join the Senate -- especially empires that hate each other :lol: It adds another layer of politics and enables the independent players to participate in a community settings (much like your WHAPO :oops: ) Oddly, others view the GS as a forum to gripe about rule changes. I haven't seen anyone remotely lobby for such things through the GS.

In any event, good luck with WHAPO. Whilst you might make the Senate a target...realize that many in the Senate may be apathetic or indifferent to such threats.

Good gaming :cheers:

Do you ever post a short message?

Any way certainly sounds like peacenik, peace monger, cant we all just get along crap to me.

:drunk:

Maybe they would understand better if I spelled out the GS Charter on t-shirts for pin-up models to wear.

Although I believe I understand what the Galactic Senate is all about, I would like to see this. :oops: Well, ok, I don't really care about the t-shirt part..... :thumbsup:

Turok Goblin-Dude,

I'm with ya man. Let's off some of these group huggers. We only need to do in a couple of them and the rest will change their views when they realize that no amount of pacifist roleplaying will save them. Only the strong will survive!

-Pig Skin

I'm with ya man. Let's off some of these group huggers. We only need to do in a couple of them and the rest will change their views when they realize that no amount of pacifist roleplaying will save them. Only the strong will survive!

First and foremost, who the heck said anything about group hugs!! :cheers:

Someone tries to group hug me and I'll whapo them upside the head! :thumbsup: (unless of course we are talking about a group hug with the aforementioned pin up gals!! :drunk: )

and please, keep thinking that I am not strong, then you'll be in for one heck of a surprise when your ships get vaporized in Sabeli space. :oops:

'Walk softly and carry a big stick.' - Theodore Roosevelt

Of course I really haven't gotten the walk softly part down yet..... :cheers:

"Some quotes for your next C.R.A.P.O. meeting...

"Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent"

-- Salvor Hardin, Foundation, by Isaac Asimov

"Beware the fury of a patient man."

--John Dryden (1631-1700)

Have a nice day.

Tom"

Do you really believe this? I mean, honestly? Violence, is our primordial heritage. When we forget this, we surrender our very nature and allow those more inclined to victimize us. Just ask the guy who said "peace in our time." History will remember Churchill, and forget the man who used appeasement as the last refuge from Hitler.

This makes me want to hit someone, really hard, with a whiffle bat. WHAPO!!!

Lord Uriel, Bellator Rex.

Warmongor & Heathen

First and foremost, who the heck said anything about group hugs!! :cheers:

Someone tries to group hug me and I'll whapo them upside the head! :thumbsup: (unless of course we are talking about a group hug with the aforementioned pin up gals!! :cheers: )

and please, keep thinking that I am not strong, then you'll be in for one heck of a surprise when your ships get vaporized in Sabeli space. :oops:

'Walk softly and carry a big stick.' - Theodore Roosevelt

Of course I really haven't gotten the walk softly part down yet..... :cheers:

Kurassier is still trying to master walking in a straight line. :drunk:

:drunk: (No offence was intended - Norm)

Turok Goblin-Dude,

-Pig Skin

Come on man, stop it with the negative vibes. Man, your dragging us all down with your negative energy.

We've got to do something to get all the bad energy out and the good energy flowing. I know, we need a sing along!

I'll dispatch the 901st Intervention Fleet to your pad man. Once we get there, we'll like, circle the planet, and like, give everyone a hug. And then we'll start into some of the grooviest songs of peace and love you've ever heard. The one with Joan Baez singing Give Peace a Chance in three part harmony with herself .. It'll blow your mind man!

And to wrap it all up, the 901st has some primo stuff man that we found in some old abandoned T'kon base. A couple puffs of this stuff and ... oh WOW, you can taste the love the universe has for you .. you can see it flowing in the winds of space.

Once we give you some hugs and some songs and some of the really good stuff, you see the universe is all about love and peace, and that bad energy will just melt away.

WKE,

With all of your warmongering, you should be made an honorary WHAPO member. In fact, you and Mad Martin are tied for top warmonger. Kurassier could join you also with all of his anctics including TOMA.

Both of you know that you want to come play with the bad boys. The Galactic Snuggelers are dry, boring, and are doomed to disaster. Group Snuggeling gets old.

-Pig Skin

[OoC] Near as I can tell, I'm the only peacenik in the GS (and it's a role-play thing, I assure you). The Galactic Senate is more like the UN than an alliance. It's just a place to hash out differences, make up some rules (and maybe ignore them...)

C'mon, there are countries in the UN that ignore its edicts and break its laws all the time. Doesn't mean they get kicked out, they just get "sanctions" or "police actions" Our GS isn't nearly up to police action status, but you see where I'm going with this.

Krelnett would strongly disagree, but I invite all the warmongers to join the Senate and work from within to make it more exciting. You could be like OPEC! };-)>

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The Galactic Snuggelers (GS) are like the United Nations?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That makes the group less than worthless.

The Girlie Squawkers (GS) seems to me to be for those who have way too much free time on their hands, and as a way to bypass the Privacy option in the game so as to bully others into conforming.

No thanks.

Oh, I forgot the disclamer in my last post: For those who take games way too seriously and are hot tempered with exploding heads filled with delusions of grandness, Nothing I say is personal because I dislike you all equally. :drunk: If you take that personally, that's your problem. :thumbsup: I suggest that you go see a good psychologist. :oops: Again, nothing personal.

-Pig Skin