Rolling Thunder Forums

Victory! 88

Glamdring

rednas

you dont even have your facts right about who my enemies are. try finland,norway,all 3 russia's,baltic,poland,and hungary. that is your group in this game--that is fact. our problem has nothing to do with communication.

so you are now name calling but I see your buddy has nothing to say about that but he is vehement whenever I say something negative about someone in your group. I certainly smell a bad case of double standard at play.

Hmmmm...where have I heard this before? Oh, yeah! Republicans and Democrats!

I never said I was dropping only that it was time to move on...meaning within the game and not wait on poland any longer. you can read something and make it mean anything you want I guess...I could care less..I never said I wasnt willing to fight I said I couldnt venture out from my fc.

ignorance is bliss I guess

• Replies 717
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

rednas

you dont even have your facts right about who my enemies are. try finland,norway,all 3 russia's,baltic,poland,and hungary. that is your group in this game--that is fact. our problem has nothing to do with communication.

so you are now name calling but I see your buddy has nothing to say about that but he is vehement whenever I say something negative about someone in your group. I certainly smell a bad case of double standard at play.

I never said I was dropping only that it was time to move on...meaning within the game and not wait on poland any longer. you can read something and make it mean anything you want I guess...I could care less..I never said I wasnt willing to fight I said I couldnt venture out from my fc.

I guess it's just been too long since I heard from you Predator, or maybe it's the fact that I've been asleep for the last 5 turns or so (as you said, nothing has been going on), but I just don't remember being 'vehement' about (did you mean defensive of?) any of the N.R. group. I know I was 'vehement' when it came to defending my own groups motives. For that I am, and will always be, proudly 'guilty'.

As for you leaving the game, I would be very disappointed if you did. Talk about a waste of good money! (I mean mine) We need you to be around when your forces are destroyed (again) and your nations are finally under foot. What kind of victory celebration would it be if the guests of honor weren't even there? Don't worry. We'll supply plenty of good alcohol so you all can drown your sorrows afterwards. You know what the Irish reaction is to every situation in life. 'Woohoo, we won! Let's have a drink.' :wacko: 'Damn! We lost. I need a drink.' <_<

rednas

Dear Predictor,

Hmmmm could be that I do not have my facts right, but therefore my strategy, at least I hope...

Okay I forget one of the Russia's, the one you have to take care off, Central a country with a very big determine influence in the game...yes I am sorry. But you still do not get it, I reckon, it is the group not the individual countries.

So we do not stop you to move on, than move, towards us or the other direction whatever. We move when we want, when the time is right, when the strategy and tactics demands it not you or any other enemy...I guess. But if this is an invitation than it could be that we will accept...soon, very soon. Just be patience, first we have to arrange some things here. And as long countries do decide to stop by themselves, like France, well that also fits in our over all strategy...not in game playing.

And to your statement "ignorance is bliss I guess" I would say; yes definitely, depends from the point of view you are looking at it. To me we are so ignorant that we almost take you seriously.

So, Predator, as I wrote before, I would prefer that you keep on playing the game, I am honest, that makes it more attractive to us, for you and the game. But it is your call. We, or at least I, accept your decision, but in return you could try to accept our decision how we play. If not, well it is the same to me. We will advance if the time is right.

Greetings Rednas Ruler of Greater Norway.

Spartan--

You did all that work to get me and Austria out of the game with your backroom politics and yet you and your group of nations have not attacked us. Now you allow russia to start taking your production and still you don't attack. The only reason I continued this game was to give you a good old fashioned butt whipping before I was overrun but if you aren't going to attack me I am not going to continue throwing money away on such a boring and pointless game. If I leave my country and fc I will be bombed by 7 countries....to sit here is pointless if you are unwilling to fight :rolleyes:

time to move on....

Dear Predestinator,

Ohhhhh....what happened on the way to your...defeat. I will shed tears here, another enemy gone. Ohhhh...next time I will keep my enemies alive and they can survive. Such a cruel game it is, isn't.

That you guys did not get an alliance working and working together, well you cannot blame us for it...that is childisch and no player of Victory understands that and taking that kind of comment seriously...at least I don't.

So for me personally another player gone, take his country and keep on spanking other enemies. Man what is this all about, this is a war game.

And as you write everytime in your avatar: strength is in attacking not in defence...for what it is worth. Maybe you should exchange defence in defeat.

So Predator I really hope to see you in future games, get your act together, get real Allies and play the game with all rules taht are allowed. Sometimes this includes wining. I also did that in VIC84, also was attacked by so much enemies...dreadfull. But looking back I did drop to early.

>Sometimes this includes wining

winning or Whining? he sure does a lot of whining and not a lot of winning.

i ve won my share of vic games as well as holding other positions in the hall of vic, not sure I saw your name anywhere in there magyar. not sure what bashing me accomplishes other than whining yourself

Oh, I'm not whining. Disappointed with how this game went, but sticking it out, never-the-less.

Just gonna keep it out there on the battlefield. Sticking it out for awhile longer.

Magyar88

As you may have guessed, I opened this account only for game 88 after a 10+ year hiatus. Magyar means Hungarian in Hungarian.

VICTORY!

No I am hooked again. :rolleyes: ;-)

i ve won my share of vic games as well as holding other positions in the hall of vic, not sure I saw your name anywhere in there magyar. not sure what bashing me accomplishes other than whining yourself

Oh, I'm not whining. Disappointed with how this game went, but sticking it out, never-the-less.

Just gonna keep it out there on the battlefield. Sticking it out for awhile longer.

Magyar88

As you may have guessed, I opened this account only for game 88 after a 10+ year hiatus. Magyar means Hungarian in Hungarian.

VICTORY!

No I am hooked again. :rolleyes: ;-)

I am always amazed at the people that come back after such a long period, Victory is truly a great game. I hope I am playing it 10 years from now.

Glen

Predictor,

In your case if you are not sure, than I would recommend not to bash a lot on hollow words. Look at the HOF a more closely than you will know.

Or you did not find out the impressive difficult riddle yet. Okay for all those who did not get it, once more:

Rednas=Sander...so how many players in Victory have as first name Sander.

Good luck to you. Yeh maybe I won a game...not so bad, but not a reason to brag around as some do.

See you on the participants list of VIC88 in the HOF, I will be on the survivors list...at least.

Predictor,

In your case if you are not sure, than I would recommend not to bash a lot on hollow words. Look at the HOF a more closely than you will know.

Or you did not find out the impressive difficult riddle yet. Okay for all those who did not get it, once more:

Rednas=Sander...so how many players in Victory have as first name Sander.

Good luck to you. Yeh maybe I won a game...not so bad, but not a reason to brag around as some do.

See you on the participants list of VIC88 in the HOF, I will be on the survivors list...at least.

Well, I certainly haven't been playing this as long as some of you--in fact, I've only completed one game (Great Britain, 81). And God, was I ever surprised when I made the HOF after that (best GB, most naval kills). It's been awhile since I looked, so I don't recall if I'm THE best in those categories, but I am definitely on the list. :rolleyes:

Well if we are wanting updates here in Switzerland I am holding up remarkably well but fear its just the lull before the storm. France is gone and the wolves are at my door.

I await rescue in the mountains. :rolleyes:

**Dammit! Where are those damn St Bernards? Monty needs help! Send him some Bud Lite...here we go!** :drunk:;):cheers:

"I am always amazed at the people that come back after such a long period, Victory is truly a great game. I hope I am playing it 10 years from now.

Glen"

Started to play Vic in 1992 (or so) at PBM-Express in Lowlands ... and thanks to internet, i found my way to the original (PBM) after PMB-express stopped...

It's now 18 years since ... and i still love the game and every email / contact around it ... :-)

So to my friends and enemies in 88 - thanks, and good luck :-)

(and it's never as it looks like)....

Peter

Northern Russia 88

Guest Spongebob
:cheers: A lot of veterns here. :cheers: Here's to all. :) I too have made the HOV and plan to again, perhaps we shall march north and meet Sanders in the middle? Claim to fame, started 7 games and finished them all.

Don of Arabia

Claim to fame, started 15 games and finished none of them :D