Rolling Thunder Forums

Official: Turns Are In Thread

EternusIV

Looks like you guys will have to run this turn without me. :blink::thumbsup:

Bummer. I hope everything works out for you. I hope it's only power you've lost.

Good luck to you and the rest of those hit by Ike.

Lord Uriel

I queried Pete on this and said he would try to accomodate them.

I also send my best out you; getting hit by Ike is not what you wanted to have in common with Tina.

:cheers:

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This was looking like a great run, would definitely have had it out early.....and multiple massive (really, really, really massive) battles hit, and not just one engagement but several. Not going to be any time soon at this rate. Impossible to predict when but I'll keep at it. Good luck to those involved :thumbsup:

This was looking like a great run, would definitely have had it out early.....and multiple massive (really, really, really massive) battles hit, and not just one engagement but several. Not going to be any time soon at this rate. Impossible to predict when but I'll keep at it. Good luck to those involved :pirate2:

Hi Pete,

I was just curious if you had a time projection. Is it looking more like Saturday morning your time? Later? Earlier?

I was wondering today if you could put each battle into a (software) thread and then run each on a different processor core. It seems like that would be a "fairly" simple way to build parallelism into the program and speed things up. Then you just need a computer with N processors. Is the program running on VB 5?

http://www.freevbcode.com/ShowCode.Asp?ID=1287

Just a thought... Are we there yeti?

John

This was looking like a great run, would definitely have had it out early.....and multiple massive (really, really, really massive) battles hit, and not just one engagement but several. Not going to be any time soon at this rate. Impossible to predict when but I'll keep at it. Good luck to those involved :pirate2:

Hi Pete,

I was just curious if you had a time projection. Is it looking more like Saturday morning your time? Later? Earlier?

I was wondering today if you could put each battle into a (software) thread and then run each on a different processor core. It seems like that would be a "fairly" simple way to build parallelism into the program and speed things up. Then you just need a computer with N processors. Is the program running on VB 5?

http://www.freevbcode.com/ShowCode.Asp?ID=1287

Just a thought... Are we there yeti?

John

Orders just finished - an amazing amount of battles this cycle, and several of the largest battles ever witnessed in the game. Should be interesting for some folks :)

One battle must finish before anything else takes place, because players often wave in new units into a battle zone (troop transports, for instance, or late-arriving allies). There are ways to speed things up, and I make code changes to help with that, but some battles are just ugly :pirate2:

Because industries, convoys, snaps, pdf creation take a definite amount of time, I'd expect to be able to send things out some time Saturday afternoon. Shouldn't be into evening.

Orders just finished - an amazing amount of battles this cycle, and several of the largest battles ever witnessed in the game. Should be interesting for some folks :)

One battle must finish before anything else takes place, because players often wave in new units into a battle zone (troop transports, for instance, or late-arriving allies). There are ways to speed things up, and I make code changes to help with that, but some battles are just ugly :pirate2:

Because industries, convoys, snaps, pdf creation take a definite amount of time, I'd expect to be able to send things out some time Saturday afternoon. Shouldn't be into evening.

Thanks for the update, have a great weekend! :]

Wow I cant believe Pete thinks my battle is probably one of the largest battles ever, dont get me wrong I agree my fleet is really impressive but we are talking about less then 50 million tons involved.... oh wait you dont think he meant someonelses battle did he? :}

j/k

I am afraid that I am one of the guilty with two attack probes, consisting of 10000 ships each as well as major assault fleet in another system with 45000 screens and 565 million ton of warships and I also think the Hellenes counterattacked this turn with at least 70000 screens from their fleet movements last turn due to espionage reports.

So sorry guys...

/Locklyn

I am afraid that I am one of the guilty with two attack probes, consisting of 10000 ships each as well as major assault fleet in another system with 45000 screens and 565 million ton of warships and I also think the Hellenes counterattacked this turn with at least 70000 screens from their fleet movements last turn due to espionage reports.

So sorry guys...

/Locklyn

If you were REALLY sorry, you'd stop building ships... :pirate2:

I will see if I get some time and write something together even if I got my scaly behind handed to me :pirate2: We'll see when we get turns :)

Good luck to all

Cheers

/Lars