Official: Turns Are In Thread

EternusIV

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Super slow going this time - many transfers of large numbers of ships combined with some very significant space battles have combined to bring processing to a crawl, at least in the early stages of the turn. No way turns will be out any time soon, and I can't predict when they'll be done at this rate.

With this thought in mind and the other posts about WP Assualts, along with the boredom that comes from the usual time-between-turns gap; will we be able to hear about these significant battles from the participants?

Or will the headlines read: :unsure:

MASSIVE JAM AT WP XXXXXX BRINGS UNIVERSE TO GRINDING HALT! :blink:

- WP Collapses from overload! :thumbsup:

- Massive collisions reported from both sides! :thumbsup:

- Major structural damage to nose & tail assemblies reported! :blink:

- Commanders temporarily blinded from egg on faces! :P

- Astrotransit Assistance Agency says may take weeks to clear! :)

- Brewmasters make fortune with timely arrival of mobile StarBars! :thumbsup:

Still young positions , only the oldest can really use two turnsheets atm , and I struggle to fill the last 15 orders.......the other two are just one turnsheet per turn still, MkIII JSS just got discovered on the middle position, NWTD is still about 3 turns away on that position...no sense in building little puddle jumpers until they have both decent tech and sufficient cargo bays to do mass explorations , and it seems both my positions are surrounded by wide expanses of warp nexus , so not really alot of worlds to do anything with yet either......I do believe I am pretty much doing as much as I can with each position at this point of their development . And I also think 3 positions is enough , just started a new one......later on they will need more turn sheets per turn......

Super slow going this time - many transfers of large numbers of ships combined with some very significant space battles have combined to bring processing to a crawl, at least in the early stages of the turn. No way turns will be out any time soon, and I can't predict when they'll be done at this rate.

With this thought in mind and the other posts about WP Assualts, along with the boredom that comes from the usual time-between-turns gap; will we be able to hear about these significant battles from the participants?

Or will the headlines read: :D

MASSIVE JAM AT WP XXXXXX BRINGS UNIVERSE TO GRINDING HALT! <_<

- WP Collapses from overload! B)

- Massive collisions reported from both sides! :thumbsup:

- Major structural damage to nose & tail assemblies reported! <_<

- Commanders temporarily blinded from egg on faces! :woohoo:

- Astrotransit Assistance Agency says may take weeks to clear! <_<

- Brewmasters make fortune with timely arrival of mobile StarBars! <_<

Then you need to go to The Restaurant at the End of the Universe, one of our premier StarBars locations. :thumbsup:

(no apologies to D. Adams whatsoever ) :laugh:

Still young positions , only the oldest can really use two turnsheets atm , and I struggle to fill the last 15 orders.......the other two are just one turnsheet per turn still, MkIII JSS just got discovered on the middle position, NWTD is still about 3 turns away on that position...no sense in building little puddle jumpers until they have both decent tech and sufficient cargo bays to do mass explorations , and it seems both my positions are surrounded by wide expanses of warp nexus , so not really alot of worlds to do anything with yet either......I do believe I am pretty much doing as much as I can with each position at this point of their development . And I also think 3 positions is enough , just started a new one......later on they will need more turn sheets per turn......

Don't worry. As time progresses, the complexity of your turns will increase.

If you have a new position and trouble filling the turnsheet here are some suggestions:

1) Create a fleet at your HW, make this your Orbital Naval Fleet or somesuch. Always ensure that all your SHIP and XSHIP orders send ships into this fleet that is on XLFE orders. It is easier to RN ships out of this fleet than to have a lot of different fleets all the time. Ensure this fleet has a big tanker or XLC or somesuch so that all ships RNing out of it always are fully tanked leaving you without the need to do it separately.

2) Create a fuel convoy for all explorer ships, basically a XSKIM convoy which you can then attach to all your fleets ensuring that when they are doing nothing else they are at least refuelling

Ie:

CNVR Resupply

10 XSKIM

20 XSKIM

CNVR Resupply

Add this convoy to all your explorer ships

3) Create outgoing convoy routes from your homeworld, ie express lanes, you can always add to this convoy route at a later date and will save you a bundle once you have a large empire with many fleets and need to send ships to the fringes of your empire.

4) Create new fleets with cool names and specific fleet numbers in advance so you can RN those ships you build later on into them at once.

5) Create different Naval Battle Plans so you can shift between them later.

6) Start XSHIPping an low tech cheap SCREEN ship even if you cant build em all now someday when you are like me cranking out 12000 screens a turn you will be glad you did those XSHIP orders early on

I could probably think of some more but others will chip in no doubt

Cheers

/Locklyn

I think the biggest consumer of orders is creating all the convoy routes that I use.

For young positions I never had enough fleets so build more ships/fleets.

Setting up warp busting colonies is also a good use of orders, however I understand about the nexus situation. My core positions were/are surrounded by 50%+ nexus systems so even building the small warp busting colonies is not an option.

Establishing a picket at each WP and planet will use up a ton of orders and you won't find time or orders to do it later.

Passing every planet looking for neutrals or unique stuff will take lots of orders as well.

Looking back at my early days, I was using 80 orders a turn by turn 12. That was before we knew anything about tech so no advanced JSS's or other stuff we now take for granted, like NTWD's.

I find that if you build ships you will be able to explore more and that uses more orders. Even lower tech ships are useful.

And then you can always use your spare orders to set up XEXPL orders for your dedicated exploration fleets.

Lots of stuff to do.

The flip side is having too much stuff to do.

It would require over 400 orders to do everything I want to do with my positions now so it is the challenge of doing that which is the most important/required and hoping that you don't miss anything.

Empire management can be a real b@#$$ when you have numerous HW's to maintain. The downside of galactic expansion....

:woohoo:

<_<:laugh:

Or will the headlines read: :unsure:

MASSIVE JAM AT WP XXXXXX BRINGS UNIVERSE TO GRINDING HALT! :o

- WP Collapses from overload! :blink:

- Massive collisions reported from both sides! :ranting:

- Major structural damage to nose & tail assemblies reported! :oops:

- Commanders temporarily blinded from egg on faces! :drunk:

- Astrotransit Assistance Agency says may take weeks to clear! :cheers:

- Brewmasters make fortune with timely arrival of mobile StarBars! :thumbsup:

Then you need to go to The Restaurant at the End of the Universe, one of our premier StarBars locations. :cheers:

(no apologies to D. Adams whatsoever ) :beer:

Thought I'd get a leg up on the usual postings since turns are due in 48 hrs. :thumbsup:

1}Still waiting for response to WP assualt! :thumbsup:

2] Do I really need a StarBars? If so, How do I get one? :huh:

3} No; you don't really need your turns now. :cheers:

4] For those who haven't noticed; seems like half of Texas is without power. So wait at least 'til Friday before you start carrying on about your turns. Pete has a ready-made excuse; and I'm sure we can find another subject to fill up the Time-Between-Turns. :thumbsup::cheers:

Apologies for D.Adams are not necessary; just avoid the Porpoises! :thumbsup:

Thought I'd get a leg up on the usual postings since turns are due in 48 hrs. :thumbsup:

1}Still waiting for response to WP assualt! :cheers:

2] Do I really need a StarBars? If so, How do I get one? :thumbsup:

3} No; you don't really need your turns now. :beer:

4] For those who haven't noticed; seems like half of Texas is without power. So wait at least 'til Friday before you start carrying on about your turns. Pete has a ready-made excuse; and I'm sure we can find another subject to fill up the Time-Between-Turns. :drunk::thumbsup:

Apologies for D.Adams are not necessary; just avoid the Porpoises! :cheers:

Yes you need a StarBars. and I am one of those blokes without without power. They say it will be 1-2 weeks. I will try to get my turns, in but it may not be possible.

:thumbsup: